Episode 71: Voice of Temptation

[Meanwhile- In another edge of the forest]

I leaned against a tree near a gently flowing river and crossed my arms. I stared at the light green haired girl I had found in the abyss. "Why are you here?" I asked. "Didn't I tell you to stay in Kaguya?"

She fidgeted nervously, avoiding looking straight into my deep red eyes. "I wanted to help you. I saw how hard you and the others fought to protect those in the games. That's why I wish to join you. Plus, I..."

Sighing, I moved away from her and turned around. "You aren't a fighter. You're better off leaving."

"But you only have one member besides me for your..."

I sighed again and waved. "I'll be fine with one or even on my own. Now leave."

She ran up behind me and hugged me tightly. "I don't want you to leave. I... I felt lost after you left me back in Kaguya. I, I still don't know who I am. "

"Let go of me," I said, removing her arms away from my waist. I spun around only to see tears falling on my shirt. "Hey... don't cry."

"I... I'm sorry," she said, lowering her head.

I ruffled my blond hair. Ugh, this girl turned out clingier than I thought she would. Still... I can't take her tears.

I hugged her. "I just don't wish to see you get hurt. Like you said, you don't even remember who you are or where you truly come from. You should focus on finding those answers before pursuing me."

She pressed her head against my chest and tightened her grip on my waist.

"All I can recall is that my name is Sabine, or something along those lines," she muttered. "Until I find out more, can I... can I stay with you?"

I smiled. Sensitive girl. She's rather naïve, but kind. Sort of like Rosa.

"She sure is. Doesn't she just excite you?" a voice called out.

My body tensed up. Pushing her away from me I ran into the forest.

"Eiichi!" Sabine screamed, chasing after me.

"She's calling for you, Eiichi! She desires you, Eiichi!"

Shut up!

"Oh, what's wrong Eiichi? Doesn't she excite you? You have yet to get a 'taste' of her."

Be quiet!

The voice snickered. "You know that you want it. That sweet innocent girl..."

I told you to shut up!

Invisible arms wrapped around my neck. "Don't tell me that you're becoming like that so called 'best friend' of yours. You aren't a chaste hero, you know." A hand slid down my white button up shirt. "Though you are barely much of a hero at all, my dear Eiichi. In fact, you're as much of a villain as that king of yours. The one who worships Mammon."