Episode 70: Duels of Royalty

[Meanwhile, in another part of the forest near Tetsuya's home]

My team walked into a cavern on the base of one of the mountains beyond the river. If I had to guess, I would say that we were the ones who traveled the farthest from the hill.

"Since we're a small group, we should take the time to get to know each other," said the white-haired doctor who months earlier had saved Yuko's life.

"Let's make this fast," I said, putting a hand on my hip. "I'm Hyosetsu Kuroyuki no San, the next heir of my branch. My powers are ice and my weapons are swords."

"Meanwhile, I'm Kei Kasai no Ki," said a green haired young man. He was dressed in a green coat and black shorts with matching black leggings. "I can control ice to a small extent, but am mostly proficient in wind, something that I inherited from my father."

"You're the younger brother of Maki, aren't you?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah. But out of my siblings, I am the most talented," he said with a smirk.

I smiled back. Good, I like self-assured people. Especially, those who can back it up. Only thing to do is see if this guy can back his words up.

I gazed at the quiet doctor. "I have to ask, why are you here? Did you not say that you hated angels? It could not have been at the urging of your Emperor, for you hate him as well. So, what motivated you to assist us?"

The young doctor closed his eyes as he began to pace around the cave entrance. "I am not required to answer your questions."

"Fine, then don't," Kei said.

"Though, I was planning to answer them from the start," he said, opening his eyes. "The first reason that I am here is to become stronger so that I may protect my home from the threat of the Abyss and others. Second, is to find out what happened with Behemoth. I can't allow that monster to remain in the hands of that man we met in Xeleria. Thirdly, I seek to discover just how strong the heirs of the three realms are."

I snickered. "Well, you don't have to worry about them. Both of them are losers. Zyuuni lost against a nobody while Ryonoko could barely manage with the dragon."

"Oh, and how did you do against Behemoth? Because last I heard, all who fought it got trounced," Kei asked with a smirk.

"True," said the doctor, nodding. He glanced over at me and snickered. "Oh right, I'm Yuri Yuki." He snapped his fingers, summoning a long bodied feathered white dragon. On top of the dragon's forehead, between two deer-like antlers, was a sky-blue jewel with golden scales around its circumference. "And this here is Sneg. Girl, say hi."

Sneg lowered her head and transformed into a silver-haired girl in a white dress. "Hello."

"You can transform?" I said, gasping.

The dragon woman snickered. "Yeah. Truth be told, this is the form that I'm usually in when in public."

"Sneg here in the queen of my country," Yuri said. Sneg snuggled up closed to him and reverted back to her dragon form. "She just prefers to stay in her dragon form when around me. Well, ever since I found her when we were kids, she decided to stay close to me as if she were my dragon." He smiled as he rubbed the jewel in her forehead. "Hard to believe that she's the mighty Sneg."