Episode 38: Broken Reservoir

Ximena and I followed Nori to a brick building which contained a terminal between dimensions

Ximena and I followed Nori to a brick building which contained a terminal between dimensions. Maki had sent us a map to this very place last night via text. It was our gateway back home, connecting to several similar terminals throughout Zionia.

Walking down the steps were my aunt Anis and cousins. Accompanying them were Akari, Zafir, and two people I hadn't expected seeing this close up.

"Lady Saya, Sir Tatsu," I said. I bowed before the beautiful pink haired woman wearing a flowing white gown and her husband.

"There you are!" the woman said, flying over to me.

"Huh?" I said, looking up. I was pulled up into an embrace.

"Thanks for waiting, Ryonoko! You're such a good boy!"

"Ryonoko? Eh? Wait, I'm not the prince!" I exclaimed.

Saya let go of me and took a step back. Her face reddened slightly. "Oh, it appears the trip made me dizzy." She gasped. "But, your mana feels just like his. Why?"

"Eh?"

Ximena chuckled. "Must be because Serra here is your son's doppleganger. We recently met two from this world who also share the same mana."

I lowered my head as I thought back to Sirius and the father of the girl who had spilled her drink on Hideo's cape. Both had the same mana as Ryonoko and me. While that boy, Eri, had the same mana as Tetsu.

Tetsu... was he doing alright?

"Well, if you excuse us, we're going to go look for our son," the Celestial Queen said as she grabbed her husband's hand and flew away.

I lowered my head. Ryonoko must've been one lucky guy, and not only because he was a prince. He had a nice mom who cared for him.

"Hey, cousin!" a voice called out, causing me to look up. It hadn't come from either Takuya nor Teresa.

I turned around saw Roa, Etsuo, and Man-kin. Also with them was Hideo's cousin, Reno.

Zafir stepped forward but I raised a hand to signal for him to stand down. "Let me talk to them," I said. Honestly, if it hadn't been due to Etsuo being there, I probably would've allowed Zafir to have attacked Roa and the others. I didn't trust them, but I did trust Etsuo at least enough to listen to him.

Roa waved. "Thanks. Well, I guess I should've 'cousins' since Teresa and Takuya seem to be here too."

Ximena got between us. "What do you want?" she snapped.

Roa sighed. "I just want to tell you that it's best that you switch sides." He looked at me and my cousins.

"You're our family," Etsuo continued for him. "We... don't wish to fight against our own."

I felt my heart sink. "Nor do I... At least not like this."

My aunt stepped forward. "When I first met you, I knew you looked familiar. But if I had to guess, I would've guessed Etsuo here is Skah's."