Episode 58: Old Wounds

I opened the door to the same guest bed room I had used last time I was here

I opened the door to the same guest bed room I had used last time I was here. Except that time I had shared it along with Tetsu. So much had happened since then... Those days seemed peaceful in comparison to what we were now experiencing.

"Serra! Wait for us!" Rosa yelled.

I turned around and saw Setsuko, Ximena, and her make their way over to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, alarmed.

"You should be the one to tell us that," Setty said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Actually, perhaps not," Ximena said, shifting around uncomfortably. "Forcing him to open up won't help."

The princess sighed. "I know what you mean, but Serra is someone who needs a bit of cracking to get him to open up."

Rosa turned around. "Hmmm, actually, I think that it'll be best to get Tetsu to help us out." She rushed off in the direction she had come from.

Ximena nodded. "Yeah, he is the one who can get him to open up the most."

Setsuko sighed. "We can't rely on Tetsuya all the time."

I scratched my head. "Uh, I'm not sure what's going on. Did I say something wrong earlier?"

She put a hand in front of me, pinning me between the wall and herself. "I wish that you would be more honest with your feelings. That's all."

I sighed. "Well, I can say the same thing about you. You're always playing the role of a tough girl. You're always trying to do things by yourself. I don't see why I can't do the same. Listen, I just need some alone time. Is that too much to ask of you?"

Setsuko stepped back. "This is different. I simply can't allow you to wallow in your sadness."

I smiled. "I appreciate how much you care for others, but you can't help those who don't wish to. I think that's your biggest flaw."

The princess gasped. "I..."

"Serrano is right. One can't push ones will against others, even if one might think that they have the best intentions in mind. There have been plenty of people throughout history who have done just that and hurt others in the process. My country was destroyed by people who thought they knew what was best for everyone," Ximena said. "In the end it turned out that they were simply looking out for themselves."

"I'm not like them!" Setsuko countered.

Ximena sighed. "I can see the family resemblance."

Setsuko curled her hands into fists. "What family resemblance?"

"You're not all that different from that father of yours who seeks to destroy my best friend. You both believe yourselves right, unwilling to listen to others. While King Orlin might've hurt my people, at least he knew how to listen to others."