Episode 57: Faith and Love

*Yuko*

Yuko and Nori went around the various tombstones and helped clean them up. Some of them were grimy and starting to become covered by moss. Was it that they had been forgotten by their family? Or maybe they had lost all of their family...

"There, all clean!" Nori said as he finished off polishing a black slab.

Yuko stared at herself in the slab. Yuko hadn't realize until now how much she had grown. Her face was still round but she no longer looked like a kid. It was almost as if she were looking at an older sister or something.

Yuko sighed. She hadn't told anyone else, not even Master, but Yuko did have an older sister. One who had managed to get away, but she had never returned. Yuko always wondered what had become of her. Had she been captured and taken far away? Or was she killed?

"Yuko looks sad," Nori said, frowning. "What's on Yuko's mind?"

"Yuko was thinking about her sister."

Nori gasped. "That's right. Nori and Yuko were going to look for her as soon as they had freedom."

She nodded. "Yeah." She raised her head. "Hey, did Nori find his family?"

Nori shook his head. "No. Nori was worried about Yuko, Mister Serra, and Mister Tetsu. He and the others rushed back to Zionia."

Yuko gave Nori a glum look. "Sorry, Yuko ruined Nori's chances of finding his family."

He rose up from the ground and grinned. "No worries. He will find them eventually."

Yuko pushed herself up and smiled. "Yeah, and Yuko will find out what happened to her sister," she said, nodding her head.

"Yup!" He turned around and surveyed the graveyard. Yuko and he were the only ones around. "Let's go back. The others should be waiting back in the mansion."

"Okay!" Yuko said, upbeat.

She and Nori exited the graveyard which was surrounded by black-bar fencing. Yuko glanced down the hill it was built on and spotted her Master and Rosa under the shade of some trees. The two were laughing.

"Yuko, you look mad," Nori said, furrowing his brow. He scratched his head. "Are you jealous?"

Yuko lowered her head and watched as her Master drew closer to the princess. The princess blushed but moved away.

"Sorry," Yuko overheard Master saying as he stepped away. "I shouldn't have tried that."

The princess covered her face with both hands. "It's not your fault. I... seems it'll take longer to get over this than I thought."

"I'll wait! No matter how long it takes," he said with hopeful eyes.

"Thank you," she whispered as she walked away. "I-I'm going to go check up on how Lady Rene is doing."

"Alright." He watched her walk away. Yuko could tell that his heart was aching. It would take awhile before things could go back to normal for them, if ever.

Yuko ran down hill. "Master! Did Master wait for Yuko?" Yuko asked, wiggling her ears.

"Oh, hey Yuko. I was. Though, I did take this time to do some catching up on some reading." He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. "Though, it was actually my story. I was sharing some of it with Rosa."

Yuko's ears slumped. Yuko still didn't know how to read more than a few sentences. Hopefully she could read his book one day...

Master smiled and patted her head. "That reminds me, I still need to teach you how to read and write, don't I?"