Episode 1: Slave

*3rd PoV*

[The next night- Imperial Palace]

An entire day had passed since Etsuo's escape from the dungeon. Since then, not much had happened other than Koukyuu departing to Xeleria and Hideo training with his dad. The young knight was distraught about his latest failure to protect his siblings. Though at least he had his father to console him this time.

Though Setsuko and the others had only grown more concerned due to the lack of news from the northern front.

To distract themselves, Setsuko and her fiance had decided to watch a movie. She sat in one of the royal family's many private theaters that laid underneath the castle. They had decided to watch the new Super Battle Corps movie when suddenly her phone started to ring.

"Hello?" Setsuko answered, sitting up.

"We're coming back home," Rosalba responded.

"You're returning? Already? What happened? There were reports of a strange abnormality in Kuroyuki no San. The entire planet ended up shaking, and aurora filled the sky, even in the equator!"

"That was Daisaru's doing. Uh, he's Etsuo's dad."

Setsuko recalled the shirtless man standing beside Etsuo on the other side of the portal when she ran out to fight Roa. "So that guy's dad was that powerful. It's a miracle that you survived."

"Yeah. Our enemies basically spared us. I do not know why, though. It makes me wonder if perhaps us being alive is playing into their hands."

"Given that those creatures live off of light energy, they might think of us like plants."

"Maybe. Anyway, we are currently en route to the capital. Though some stayed back like Takuya, Teresa, and their mother. They are working on sealing the portal."

"What about Tetsuya? Is my cousin alright?" Serrano asked, jumping out of his seat.

"Tetsuya is fine," Rosalba said, having overheard him. "I'm sitting next to him. Though he has been asleep for most of the journey. He still hasn't fully recovered from a wound one of them inflicted on him." There was a long pause. "I hope that he gets better soon. Anyways, we should be there in a few days."

"He's fine," Setsuko said, turning toward her fiance.

Serrano breathed a sigh of relief and sat back down. "That's good."

"Though there were two who went missing during the battle," Rosalba said.

"If you mean Hideo and Koukyuu, they are fine. They followed Roa here... Etsuo managed to escape with the help of his sister as well as Reno."

Rosalba gasped. "Reno?"

"Yes. It appears that Father was correct yet again. Reno and his sister were spies serving under Roa. It seems that he approached them following the battle with the rebels. To make matters worse, they took Hideo's siblings."

"What? They took Kiara and Dan? No... I can only imagine how Hideo is feeling right now... it wasn't too long ago that he got Dan back, and now this..."

"Well, he isn't letting it get to him this time," Setsuko said as she glanced at the door of the movie theater. "Hideo is currently trying to get stronger.

"I... I see," Rosa said in a somber tone. "In the meantime, keep the capital safe. We aren't sure as to when the enemy might attack."

Setsuko nodded. "Don't worry, sister. I'll continue to watch over the kingdom in Father's absence."

"Thanks, sis," Rosa said with a hint of happiness. "Well, see ya later."

"Bye," Setsuko said before hanging up. She pressed against her seat and stretched her hands up high. "At least no one seems to have died. I should've gone with them."