Episode 61: Seeds of Doubt

*Etsuo*

[Meanwhile]

"Dan?" I asked.

"Yes, my brother. Or have you forgotten who he was?" the kid who resembled Dan asked.

I closed my eyes and snickered. "No..."

"Are you mocking him?" he screamed. "Tsk. Well, it ends here and now!"

"Stop it!" a voice called out. It sounded like Kiara. "Silas, stop! Don't hurt him." She gasped. "No, Etsuo!"

I felt hands against my wound. Mana began to enter into my body.

"Did you do this to him? Answer me! Did you do this to Etsuo!" She... or rather Dine yelled.

"No, I didn't. Now, move aside, let me finish him off!" he yelled.

"He wasn't the one who killed Dan!" Kiara yelled. "I already told you why he did what he did! Why won't Hideo and you understand?"

"Silas, listen to your sister," someone who sounded like Hideaki said.

"Tsk. Why should I listen to someone who would forgive a bunch of rebels? They might be our relatives, but they're still traitors!"

His father sighed.

"Listen to father, please," Kiara said. "Go back home, it's too dangerous here."

"Hmph. You're just defending your boyfriend! Whatever, if you like him better than us then so be it! But know that I won't overlook this. One of these days, I will avenge my brother!"

This one really is like his oldest brother...

"Wait!" I called out, using all of the energy I had left. "I... I am not without blame... for...what happened to Dan. I... should... never... have... befriended him... or Kiara... I doomed them."

Silas scoffed. "Hmph. At least you acknowledge it."

"Yes, but it doesn't solve anything," Hideo said. I felt his glare on me. "Though, at least we've apprehended him again."

Heh. I truly was where I had started...

"Don't worry, Etsuo. We won't hurt you," a voice called out.

I gasped. One of the three healing me... I opened my eyes and saw Rosa with her hands over me. She smiled. "Long time no see, huh?"

"Ro...sa... Why?"

She narrowed her eyes at me just like Mai would whenever she thought I asked something stupid. "Isn't it obvious? We're friends."

Friends? She still saw me as one despite everything? Didn't she know that I was the one who came up with the plan to use her?

I stared at her momentarily. There was something off about her, but I wasn't sure what it was. But it felt like a mix of her mana and Tetsuya's. Was it that Tetsuya's mana still lingered within her? Or perhaps, he had recently given her some more of his life-force...

I looked up and gasped as another pillar of darkness tore through the sky. "Roa... I need to help him." I moved forward but Rosa, Nori, and Ximena held me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ximena asked, pinning me down to the grassy floor. "You are in no state to go. We aren't done sealing the wound."

"Let go of me! I don't care what happens to me! I need to go save Roa!" I yelled, struggling. "I need to save him!"

"You won't be able to save them in the state you're in," Setsuko said, glaring at me as she watched her sister and the other two heal me. "You'll just get in his way, if anything."