17 | DANVERS

EDDIE

'Holy shit!'

The moment Laura stepped out of the alleyway and rising to an extensive height with her impressive biomass suit, I was left in awe. The symbiote had managed to react just as womanly to suit her, slender and tall with talons that were livelier than mine. She let out an earsplitting shriek while bounding over the feelers of the alien creature, striking a claw at every snap of its spike-like antennae that came her way. There was small talk that ensued between Spiderman and Sin, her womanly yet deep voice that was commanding and focused.

I was already on my way to the nearest car, crouching behind it and eyeing the nearby onlookers who had gathered out their homes and heading for their vehicles to stay out of the Xenophage's attack. I was quick to assist some out of their worry, helping them out of their homes and out of the fight's way.

'Beck!' 

'Eddie? What - '

'Get down to twenty-three cross eight asap,' I ordered into the line while tending to an elderly woman into her neighbor's car. 'Laura said she needs you. There's this thing - '

'I'm on my way. Keep in touch.'

The line went silent. A thwack of the Xenophage's feelers went down near the road of the car as it revved out the parking, my feet sprinting on instinct to push the car out of the way. But I couldn't since my powers were on a shutdown. I watched helplessly as the car's hood was smashed through and the vehicle sauntering past the rest with a smashed barrier. At least no one was hurt. 

'Miss Sharp, this thing's exterior is like steel! I can't get through!'

'Not to us,' she growled out, her claw-ridden hands flicking on either side while keeping her balance over the length of the long feeler traps. With a swish, she wielded long and amorphous blades that resembled katanas which she pierced through the feelers, just enough to slice through the wooden bones-structure.