9 | BURNOUT

- T&B -

It was a longspun night. 

When two genius Ph.D. masters and a repurposed, cellular android get down to business regarding a minute timeframe and extraterrestrials, it was compelled to end in impeachment. Not a challenge that any of them was ready to shrink from since the life they were saving was very much close to their hearts. At least, two of them.

'This is a massive feat,' the humble doctor said, exhilarated. 'I mean, you're reducing the size of your already diminished reactor. That's gotta take a while - '

'Banner, look around. There's two of us and one Vision,' he said. 'We can definitely nail this in under a day.'

'We don't have a choice.'

Vision and Banner knew the schematics of this operation was like shaking an eight ball and praying to receive the best outcome - it was more of a chance option. Seeing Tony headstrong and ready to help seemed to boost their dispirited moods, ready to get their head in the game. 

They were hustling around, scrambling up numbers and conjuring up relatives, with scraps of metal fitting into their moldings and fixtures. Vision was especially helpful at that point of time, his core consciousness more intelligent than Tony had underestimated. He had different conjectures, concepts, and less time-consuming procedure ethics which annoyed and relieved him at the same time.

'Is it feasible for this strange element to be injected into her contrary bloodstream?'

Tony had a not-bothered expression, shrugging his arms. 'It runs within me. Either way, it's a do or die.'

Tony wanted to make as accessible and painless as possible. His arc reactor was a significant component of his physical self and he wouldn't be able to corporally insert into Laura's lobotomizing body without the necessary incisions that he had. With Vision's help, they had managed to break down core segments of the reactor to fuse into microreactors that could be easier to fuse into her body. The microreactors were like miniature arc-reactors, smaller than a thumb but harnessing more power than the actual engine.