13 | WRATH

EDDIE

To be real, it wasn't the symbiote that relished the rage. I had my share of rage. It was fear that drove my anger as pushed me into torpidity - fear of losing the one I loved, the one I couldn't live without. To protect her, I had to keep the world around me safe. No one could harm one strand on her head. 

"She was mistreated before all this came about."

"Who?"

It kept building up like water currents, for what I felt was not human and vexing my soul. It was twisted, it was something wrong and lacing onto my veins like poison. It was what powered me through the streets of my city, breaking into cement and cracking windows as I made my way downtown.

We'll feast on his body, Eddie!

I wasn't listening. My symbiote suit housed me protectively, my mind now in control of the beast in me. The side which I showed to the criminals. 

Barnum, we're coming for you!

A howling screech left our lips when we reached the rat's apartment building, not caring about the marveling infrastructure and breaking right through the glistening windows to the eleventh floor of the building. Crashing past the sofa that sat right near the window sill, and breaking the well-equipped coffee table. Barnum, who was suddenly aware of our presence, took cover behind his kitchenette and cowering with fear.

Venom leaped past obstructions, grabbing Barnum by the collar and lifting him up in the air to meet his fearful eyes. Venom was relishing in the fear, the short movement of jugular and ready to ease his hunger. He was ready to kill.

'Paul Barnum,' Venom rumbled loudly, his tongue lolling out in hunger, tasting his desired meal. He stunk of sweat and the blood rushing through his veins making Venom more hungry. 'You touched what's ours.'

'I - didn't - d - do - ' he choked, gasping for breaths amidst the hold of the devil. I could only sit back and watch, vengeance consuming me. He deserved everything that was going to come at him that night.

'You touched our female! And you know what you get for that?'

'P-please - l - let - ' he begged, his hands reaching out to weakly unloosen Venom's grip around his neck. 

'These hands which touched her,' he growled and pulled his arm with a light tug. 'We'll rip first and then, we'll take out your spine and then, your head. Yes, that will do.'

'I'm sorry,' he managed to wheeze out. 'Please, please!'

'We show no mercy to those hurt what's ours! They diiiiiie!'