23 | LOST

EDDIE

'Mr. Brock? Um, sir - '

Eddie!

'Venom?' I whispered as my eyes adjusted to the bright lights around me. My hands were cold and I felt like my body wasn't mine anymore with heaviness settling in my chest. Then it was true. Venom was back. 

I tried to focus my eyes on the warmness that radiated from me and eyeing the red-and-blue suited man beside me.

'Spiderman.'

'Y-yeah. Hey, man. Saw you knocked out in this area. Heard noises behind the hole in the wall and then, I see . . . you. Eddie Brock. By the way, big fan of your work.'

You were knocked out bad, Eddie. Took me some time to clear the intoxicants that Tel-Kar infected you with.

'What intoxicants?'  I asked under my breath. I was in some sort of a room beside the basement and Venom was in me. Why did that alien leave him in me?

A virus of some sort. But, I handled it. We're good.

'You were dying...'

He was dying. I tried rejecting him but in turn, ended up killing him slowly.

'But how come you can't remember him?'

Hypnotic locks. It's to keep memories suppressed in case of emergencies.

'So, you have met him before.'

Yes. 

'Mr. Brock, are you talking to yourself?' Spiderman asked with an awkward drawl in his voice. I straightened my spine and shook my head. The superhero lent me a hand to help me off the ground even though I didn't need any, with a friendly pat on my shoulder. The man was shorter than I was, a head shorter and his body somewhat scrawny but built.