17. Samson and Delilah

Start from the beginning

"Hey uh-" he added, scratching the back of his head with his right hand. "Can we. . . Not tell anyone about this? It's really embarrassing."

"Why would I share this precious part of my precious boy?" I said, tilting my head as I shot him a sweet smile. "I want to keep it all to myself."

The young man chuckle awkwardly as I opened the door. He seemed to have regained his confidence, or perhaps it was just a mask he put on everyday when he entered school grounds. To fit into his role of the popular captain of the football team – well, more of the disgraced ex-captain of the football team, I guess his usual, gentle vulnerable self wouldn't work. People wouldn't take him seriously. And I suppose even with him being kicked out of the football team he still had a reputation to live up to. Sure, sometimes he'd sit alone by the bleachers but at the other times I saw him talking with some of the guys from the football team. Heck, he even managed to kiss that girl at the party. Well, to the school and the rest of them, he was just the obnoxious and popular jock that had a rich dad.

It was a vast difference from the Isaac that he bared himself to me. I felt happy that he trusted me enough to show how vulnerable he was.

And likewise, I did the same thing. I bared it all – how conflicted I was about Cyril, how I was making use of him. I was afraid that Isaac would see me as someone evil, some manipulative liar who would do whatever it takes. Maybe it was just the last words of my moral conviction in its death throes, since Isaac never even seemed bothered about it. I guess the sweet young man accepting me for who I am, or even refusing to care about it.

I suppose it was that which nailed the coffin of my moral conviction shut and buried it deep into the ground.

We left the car and walked towards the school. The lot was full of cars, but devoid of people. They were all in first period on time I guess, because they weren't busy making out in cars unlike a certain couple of boys.

"What's your first period?" I asked as we made it to the entrance. "Mine is geography."

"Math," the young man replied, rolling his eyes. "Ugh."

"Well hang in there," I said, patting his back.

The hallway was deserted as we walked to our lockers. Picking up my books I turned to him before we parted ways. I wasn't so worried, since the teachers generally liked me and I had never been late for class. At most I'll just be let off with a warning. I wasn't so sure about Isaac though.

"Mr Jones doesn't really care if I come in late," Isaac said when I approached, as if he read my mind.

"Well you shouldn't make coming late a habit," I replied, shooting him a smile.

"I'm sorry, I would've loved to attend class on time," he shot back, a smirk on his lips. "But someone was pinning me against the seat and giving me all these nasty bruises."

I laughed, but I couldn't help but feel concerned.

"What about those hickeys?" I asked, pointing to my neck. "They're pretty obvious."

The young man only chuckled as he undid another button, further widening the collar and revealing even more. Before I could say anything, he had already walked away, raising his hand in goodbye.

Well, now everyone's going to notice.

And sure they did. At lunch, as I sat at the central lunch table with Emily and Shoshana, I overheard the football players from the other table talking about it.

"Did you see those hickeys on Isaac?" I heard one of them say. "Looks pretty intense man."

"Wonder who gave them to him," another one replied. "You bet it was one of those two?"