Chapter 8 - Apologies

Jasper P.O.V

I could tell that she is still furious with me. I could always tell with that one. since we were children... I remember how we played, when I turned 16 I remember how nervous I was to ask her out even though she had been hinting at it for months I laughed to myself. she always knew what she wanted or what others wanted or needed before they knew themselves. later I found out how she always knew.

what I did then was horrible. I pushed her away, and it hurt her. even when her first mother, Emily had said because she was my mate I would slowly die with out her that she as dying because I denied the bond. when I finally realized what I had done it was too late my belle was gone. when I had finally accepted the bond and went to see her it was too late I saw the light fade out of her eyes it was the first time I had stopped by in weeks, I had finally went to see her an she has slipped away in front of my eyes.

after that I had cared for her family in her absence, they knew that I was beyond sorry for my actions they had said that it was always hard for humans to accept the truth that it wouldn't be the last time I saw belle dryers face. I never believed her mother. but I vowed that day that if there was any truth to that story I would keep her family line safe.

the day she reappeared it as about 40 years later I had been changed into a vampire, when I had seen her, it was like my heart reappeared in my chest. that didn't last too long tho, when marina saw her shift back.....combined with the fact I couldn't keep my eyes off her, marina killed her. after that I rebelled from her and her 'cause' taking peter, charlotte and garret with me. after that we went back to belles tribe the four of us stayed with Emily. Emily's gift was a copycat. she was able to take any powers she came across. years ago she met another shifter that was able to manipulate biology. she was able to help peter, charlotte and garret with their blood lust. she had offered to help he but I refused.

twice, belle had died because of my selfishness. I shock my head and stood from my crouch and pulled Edward in the direction of school. Edward has always speculated that belles gift was a shield. honestly, he isn't far off. i think she doesn't just have one shield I think she has two but I think she has her mothers ability. the only life that I know she had full control of it or even knew she had them was the first. I think she is a copycat just like Emily, it would explain why I could feel her banging around in my brain. she thinks i'm disappointed to have her as a mate....

she doesn't know how wrong she is. I may not have grown up with her in the past two lives but she will always, always be the centre of my universe. I just want to run to her and embrace her, but I know when she remembers its not going to bode well for us. I sat through my classes next my belle. I could feel her annoyance and anger and contentment rolling off her in waves.

it just showed me that she could feel the bond too.

BELLA P.O.V

the school bell rang and I rushed to my locker threw my books into my locker and grabbing my helmet and jacket before bounce/walking out to my bike. when I walk out side I slipped my jacket on and walked over to my bike. when I made it to my bike jasper was there waiting for me.

jasper asks, "belle can we talk?"

when he said belle, it made me want to smile and giggle. but I forced it down. it felt like I knew I was called that a long time ago.

I said, "there is nothing to talk about"

he replied, "yes there is. there are things you don't know yet but you will. there are things you don't understand things you cant comprehend."

That spoke to something deep inside of me, something that willed me to agree.

I spoke," do you promise you will not tell me nothing if not the truth?"

he nodded, I threw my helmet at him he put it on and I mounted my bike with jasper in quick pursuit.

we went to my home first, so I could put my helmet ,keys and jacket inside I made Charlies dinner and wrote him a note saying I'll be home later. jasper and I hiked out to the cliff. once we were out there we sat with our legs hanging over the cliff.

I said, "you wanted to talk now talk!"

he replied, "its better if you just look into my mind that way you could see no lies."

I nodded.

memories(jasper)

1849

belle and I were playing in the back yard hide and seek. it is our favourite.

I say seeing her pink sock, "i'm going to find you belle."

I quickly bend down and wrap my arms around her waist and hug her to me. we both giggle as I swing her around and around.

belle says crying slightly,"*sniffle* what happens if we aren't friends when we are older?"

I reply, " why wouldn't we be friends?"

belle replies, "what if you find out stuff that scares you away?"

I say, "your right we wouldn't be friends...."

belle lets out a sob and turns to leave.

I stop her and say, "because we could be best friends!"

she looks shocked and hugs me tightly.

she whispers, "promise?"

, "yes"

1860

belle and I had been friends since we were in dippers. you thee last four years I get the feeling we both wanted things to be more. but what if it wrecks our friendship? I have to man up. if you never try you will never succeed. I walk down the street with flowers and chocolates in hand. I walk up to her door and knock....

Emily bella's mother answers, "hello jasper Isabella is with her brother Cale. I'll call her for you"

she walks inside, leaving me sitting on the stair to her porch. not five minutes later belle comes out.

she says, "hello Jas"

I say, "hello belle"

she asks, "what are you doing here?"

I say, "for a while now I feel like be both have been wanting more than what wee haave now"

she says, "yes....."

I say, "will you go steady with me?"

she had a very serious look on her face. it had me thinking she doesn't want me anymore or us any more.

she said in a sad winey voice, "yes"

I almost didn't register what she had said.... it took me a moment to realize it was a yes....

six months later

belle has been acting differently, its like she has been avoiding me...