(real chap) CHAPTER 11

nik P.O.V

back and fourth, back and fourth creating delicate features of her face upon the canvas. In the 1016 years that she has not been beside me has been the hardest thing I've ever had to live with, my best friend being somewhere I am not. even harder still having to act as if I'm a heartless monstrosity, to keep her and my growing family safe. I have to sit here as the major watches over his broken beauty as if she could survive his stupidity, but none of that compares to the hurt I feel when I had to compel away her memory's of me.....

I could feel the tears falling down my face. i quickly whip away the tears with a paint cloth. I cant believe our connection is still strong enough to pull her mind to mine ,even from hundreds of kilometres away. I'm forced out of my day dreaming by the knocking at the door.
, "come in Elijah"

He replied, "Niklaus, I know it's hard to be away from her especially all this time but..."

I yelled, " all this time you have no idea what it's been like to feel her die and die all over again. For the last 1016 years I've felt her die all over again. I've felt her pain. And for what? To keep us safe? To keep her safe? I've always said the safest place for her is by my side away from that mate of hers, all he has ever given her were two bastards and too many lives taken before she could truely live. Just get out"

Elijah tried ,"but niklaus...."

I roared, " but nothing, you made her flea all those years ago. 'She isn't married to you she isn't a true part of our family. Our family sticks together. And that is exactly what she isn't.' Those were your words. You made her leave and for what? To let me sulk in misery, to be the hated and despised brother, son and man so you can be appreciated and loved ? NOW GET OUT!"
My eyes flashing a luminescent yellow, my fangs descending, and my voice ragged from yelling.

I walked into the mirror and wiped my face. I walked back to the bed and laid down calling my best friend back into her mind it's time she remembers what she is , remembers who she is.

In her mind
I paced back and forward waiting for her. Surely it couldn't take that long to form the connection again?
Then not two seconds later she appears. my heart stops, my breathe is caught in my throat, when she walked into the room she filled it with light.

she says, with light blush on her face, "hello Nik"

I smiled, "hello love, I missed your ugly face."

her smile dropped, "you cant say things like that, I'm your best friend Nik "

then too my smile dropped in that instance I realized how much I truely missed her. But also how much she truely doesn't remember. If I were the one to tell her she could hate me. But her sons would finally stop trying to kill me

I reply, "little wolf, there are a lot of things you don't know or remember, do you want to remember?"

she says," if I remember it will change things wont it?"

I say, "it will change things, but you will gain soooo much more. I will not force you it will be your choice."

she whispers, "I want to remember...."
Back when the world was simpler I would have believed her, even thought it easy for her to remember. But now I know the only way through it to see.

I say the words, "just know I will come for you soon. lunar moon"
Out of her head.

I push my self slowly out of her mind and leave her be for the rest of the night.

I don't know how much will snapback to her at once i just hope, she remembers the good with the bad. that all those feelings that we shared all those years ago come back. hopefully our bond is strong enough to pull us back together again. I miss my partner is crime. I miss not being hated or feared.
There was a time where I thought it was true power. How you could make people truely loyal. If they were afraid they would not rebel. Now, in thinking that I laugh. Bella showed me how wrong I was more than once.