NOPI 31: I changed a lot

Chapter 31

Sephine's POV

Today's the day. It's either we get chosen by an artist to perform a duet with us or perform solo or in a group. If you're having a duet with a professional artist, then you're very lucky. I wouldn't miss it for the world, specially if the artists that are going to choose are mostly artists with great influence. They will bring upon fortune and fame to whoever sings a duet with them.

We're already at the auditorium, but this time, I'm with my cousins. Charles on the other hand, is with his friends. They're at the other side of the auditorium, just across from where we're seated.Pagkatapos ng nangyari kahapon, hindi ko alam kung bakit pero parehas kami ng iniisip. Hindi namin tinext o tinawagan ang isa't isa. It's like we were both thinking about what we have and what's our relationship's going to be in the future. Akala ko nga ako lang ang nagiisip nun kagabi pero nang mareceive ko ang message ni Charles kaninang umaga,

[Charles: I'm sorry for not texting you, I was just thinking if I've been too clingy and that you might've been exhausted being with me. So I've thought about it a lot yesterday evening and decided to give you some space every now and then. Good morning, I had the cafeteria deliver some breakfast for you. Can't wait to see you. I've missed you]

Nalaman kong hindi pala talaga madaling intindihin ang taong nagmamahal.

I want to be close to him.

I want to talk to him.

I want to touch him.

I mean.. even if he's just by my side or in my sight, I would be more than enough.

But also at the same time,

I want to stay far away from him.

I'm afraid of what other people might say.

A nerd and a prince? Together?

Will it affect his reputation or maybe.. hurt him?

Simula palang nang insedenteng nangyari dati, hindi ko na nagawa pang magdalawang isip at pinilit sila mama't papa sa desisyong ginagawa ko. 

I decided to take a disguise. I wanted to become anonymous, someone who's not a Falcon, someone who's not powerful and influencial and an heiress of an empire. 

I didn't want to have the same experience to happen ever again.

(A/J: The indicent will be explained on the next few chapters. Stay in tuned!)

Dahil sa disguise kong 'to, not only everything around me changed - from how people treat me all the way to how I saw the dark side of people, even I changed. 

I CHANGED A LOT.

Josephine's proud, honored and dignified. Sephine? She's filled with anxieties, flaws and insecurities.

Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit parang gusto kong baguhin ang lahat ulit. I suddenly wanted to change everything. I wanted to be an optimist now. 

I wanted to change again. But for the better.

Nang marinig ko lahat ng pinagbago ni Charles simula nang makilala niya ako, agad akong nag-reflect at narealize kong hindi lang siya ang nagbago, pati ako nagbago dahil sakanya.I suddenly wanted to change into someone who's worthy of him and thought that Josephine's the only one who can do that.

Nakalimutan ko.. ako nga pala si Josephine. And Josephine's a taboo for me. 

I'm scared of going back.