👑Chapter 82👑 Page Flipped

Start from the beginning

“I did,” she mumbled. “Kind of regret it already.”

“Guess who's taking yearbook photos for the game?!” Dylan asked with excitement.

“You want to do that? I thought you didn't want to work without getting paid for your service,” I asked.

“What can I say? I just love helping the community.” Dylan smiled.

“Community? You mean the school?” I asked with a laugh.

“The school community, duh, same thing.” He said, waving me off.

“He's doing it because of Rodriguez.” Aadila said bluntly.

“Ahh.” I said, facing Dylan.

“Not true.” He argued.

“He wants an excuse to speak to Rodriguez, since all he's doing is taking picture of the guys tonight,” Aadila said.

“Damn, why do you have to expose me like that?” Dylan asked in a hush tone.

“So it is true,” I laughed.

“Of course it's true.”  Aadila joined in on the laughter.

“Stop laughing. You guys are supposed to be my wing womens, but you'd rather laugh.” Dylan huffed.  

“Okay, I'm sorry, I'm done,” I said, trying my hardest not to laugh as Aadila was still laughing hysterically beside me.

I nudged her stomach and she sat straighter. “Okay, we're done,” she clarified.

“Hurry up, the game is beginning soon.” Dylan said, rolling his eyes as he walked away.

“I blame you.” I snickered.  

Aadila gasped. “Me?”

I nodded, grabbing the banner.

“I blame me too,” she said, getting up with a giggle.

“Come on.” I said, grabbing Aadila’s arm, pulling her into the gym with me.

Although the game hadn’t begun yet, the crowd was unbelievable. Students were standing, sitting anywhere possible. It was a sea filled with busy faces that I didn't seem to recognize.

“Let's go hang this up.” I told Aadila as she followed me.

We stood at the big doors of the gym where the basketball players would run out of. I held the banner on one side as Aadila held the other side of it. I got on my tippy toes, hoping it would stick on the top.

Aadila stuck the banner to the tape so easily with her long legs. But, yet again ladies and gentlemen, I'm so freaking short.

I felt electricity run up my arm as warmth filled my back. A strong tan hand ran up my arm and took the paper from my fingertips softly. Their height wasn't an issue, because it stuck on the top with no effort.

I turned around and faced Bryson. In fact, we were so close that if I took a deep breath our chests would touch.

Bryson looked up at the banner as he paid no attention to me.

“I like this,” he smiled.

And I would LIKE you to back up.

I just stared at his long neck as his Adam's apple bobbed up and down.

Aadila looked at me and snickered.

“Bryson,” I called awkwardly.

“Yes?” He answered, still looking at the banner.