Not Stuck Up

[I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE WHAT? TWO WEEKS! I WAS SUPER SICK, AND EVERYTHING WAS HORRIBLE. PLEASE ENJOY THIS, I'M GONNA TRY TO UPDATE TOMORROW AND EVERYDAY FOR THE WHOLE WEEK, PROBABLY NOT GONNA HAPPEN, BUT IT COULD WORK-]

 "Pick your teammates!"

The cavalry battle. Where we can't even rely on just ourselves to go on to the next. How amazing. Suddenly I was pulled by the wrist. I looked up to see Monoma dragging me.

He wants me on his team. I can't. I already went by his plan for the Obstacle Race. It would look like he's just carrying me to victory.

I pulled myself out of his grasp. He then raised a brow.

"Come on (Y/N), I already have a plan for us to win, I've studied on your quirk and I think you could really help by-"

I shook my head. "Monoma, I'm not teaming with you. I want to make it up by myself, I can't rely on your plan that I didn't even know about until now to bring me to victory."

He stared at me for a second and pressed his lips together. His eyes really shined. He replaced his frown with a grin.

"Fine. No hard feelings then out here, (Y/N). Too bad, I was really looking forward to mess with that angered issued scum with you."

That's another reason why I can't team with him. He's only out to prove that he's better than Class 1A. I'm out to prove that I'm better than everyone in this grade, including my class.

I smirked. "Agreed. Don't worry Monoma, I'll be sure to kick your ass after this. See you in the finals." I waved off to him, scanning for another team.

It already looks crunched up with students. Kendo's team is already filled, so is Steel bar's team. Hm.

There's someone.

I walked up to the almost filled team.

"Hitoshi Shinso."

He turned around. His hair is a mess. "You're that girl..." he mumbled to himself.

We have met before, I never really told him my name, I just commented on how stupid he was for falling off of a fence. However, since dad started talking about how General Studies wants to steal places for the Hero Course, I did some research on them too.

His quirk is remarkable, believe it or not. Too bad he isn't in the Hero Course. Oh well.

"I'm interested in your quirk, really. Do you have room for another person on your team?"

He furrowed his brows. "Hah, you know my quirk and how it works, but you're still talking to me? I find it hard to believe."

"Hitoshi Shinso. Quirk, Brainwashing. You're in General Studies. It's obvious why, robots aren't humans. Sad, really." I shrugged.

"You're not scared of me using it on you?"

I squint my eyes a bit and sighed. This is troublesome.

"No. You want to be a hero, I want to be a hero. I want to be on your team, and you could use another person. It's stupid to think that you'll use your quirk against me, knowing this and all."

He muttered something under his breath then lifted his head up. "I never caught your name the time we met that day."

"It's (Y/N) Kan. Just call me (Y/N)."

.

.

.

The plan was easy. I didn't even need to use my quirk. Purple cotton swab had the two other guys brainwashed to work with us. Smart.

We would just carry him to a team and he'd say something cocky to them, waiting for a response.

Yes, I'm going against my class, but like Monoma said, it's no hard feelings now.

I couldn't help but watch his team from afar though. He's really playing with fire messing with that 1A reject.

It doesn't look too good for his team either.

Damn it, why do I even care about what he does? I made my choice on not teaming with him, so I shouldn't be concerned about him.

Our team had enough points to advance, so we both decided to stay on the low until it was over.

Midnight announced the teams who made it to the finals. Unfortunately, Monoma didn't make it.

It was a break for lunch until the finals. Before I left to go get lunch, I went to find that purple idiot.

I called his name a couple of times. He didn't answer. Is he deaf? I paced up right behind him and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him down a little. It was like he was sleep walking.

"I just wanted to say thank you for letting me on your worthless team. Surprisingly, your plan worked, so thanks."

I started walking off to get my lunch.

"Wait."

I looked back over to him, curious on what he has to say now. He gave me a small smile.

"I thought every Hero Course student was stuck up, but.. You're not bad, (Y/N)."

I nodded slowly, and went off again to get my lunch. I'm not stuck up? Even I'll admit to myself that I am stuck up. If he wants to get in the Hero Course, he better start analyzing the competition.

Sigh, I guess he's not too bad himself either. A bit odd looking to be honest. He's... alright.

.

.

.

.

.

I ate my lunch rather quickly just to find Monoma before anything happens. Too bad he didn't make it to the finals.

I walked down the hall, passing those 1A chicks in cheerleader costumes. Strange. Them rejects.

"(Y/N)."

What a coincidence.

"Monoma."

He chuckled dryly and walked up to me. I couldn't tell if he was happy or pissed. It's like a mixture of both?

"I'm sorry you didn't make it to the finals."

He tilted his head. "(Y/N) apologizing to something that she didn't cause? God must be looking down on me today, hm?" he laughed.

He looked disappointed in himself if anything. It was quite sad to look at. I didn't know what to say to him.

I grabbed his left hand. "Shut up. We're rivals and this just means I can't kick your ass in front of a giant crowd, so you saved yourself. Also, if you keep looking like that I'll slap you. It's annoying to see someone sad. And stupid... so just stop. Now." I squeezed his hand.

He lifted his other hand and grinned. He pat me on the head like I was a pet.

"Okay. Kick everyone's ass (Y/N). It'll make me happy."

The announcement came on, meaning I had to make my way out to Midnight.

His face.

I'll kick their asses.

But who am I doing it for now?