Be My Rival

"Mommy, you're crying..."

"Yes I am, (Y/N)."

"But crying just shows how weak you are, doesn't it?"

"Not at all, (Y/N). Crying makes a lot of people feel better. Tears of joy, or tears of sadness. It's still good to cry. So, if you want to ever cry, don't be scared too."

"Heroes can't cry. They have to smile, mommy."

"(Y/N), sometimes the smiles are fake."

.

.

.

.

.

It was Saturday and this moron still hasn't sent me any kind of message. Does he even have my number? He could easily get it from Kendo.

He has me stop my training so I can go train with him, but doesn't text me anything. Does he really think he can waste my time and get away with it-

My phone buzzed. It better be him, or I'll knock his head off the next time I see him. I picked up my phone and swiped up to my text messages.

Texts:

Copycat: I'm gonna pick you up at 5, I got a place we could train at.

Me: You have me wait for hours and hours, and you want me to get ready by the next hour? You loser.

Copycat: Awe, you were thinking about me for hours and hours?

Me: No.

Copycat: You still have that edgy demeanor in a chatroom, I'm impressed

Me: You still have that stupid bitch demeanor in a chatroom, sad.

Copycat: Fair enough, I'll be waiting for you at your door

Me: I'll make you wait awhile too, dumbass.

.

.

.

.

I put on my track jacket, and my sweatpants along with my sneakers. This better not be a waste of my time.

I let my father know ahead of time that I'd be leaving to train with a classmate, and he was fine with it.

I put my wallet in my pocket, and waited on my stoop.

I would just simply reject his offer, but his quirk is useful to me at the moment. He better not be thinking that I need him to be the best. I could do this on my own, but it's easier if I just use what he planned before the Sports Festival.

The Sports Festival is only a couple weeks from now. I need to win the whole thing, just to show my father and Japan what I'm made of.

"You're staring off in space, I'm guessing you're just thinking about me, right?"