Baby Steps

I got done the first day without a problem. It obviously won't be that easy for the rest of the year though.

It was the next day of U.A, and everyone will be doing more today. We have to get through each class without a problem.

Some classes are normal, some classes are about learning what it takes to be a hero, and of course, hero training. We have hero training right before class 1A, meaning we'll have the same teacher.

That gives me the question on who the teacher might be. I hope it's not some bum.

I patted my uniform down, getting some of the wrinkles out. I don't care about how I look, really. Who needs to care about how good I look when I'm beating your ass? Exactly.

I took a couple sips of the small carton of orange juice, and took a bite out of my toast. I woke up earlier today to make my father breakfast. Though I'm not too positive if I make food right, he just has a weird smile on his face when he eats the food.

I'm glad I didn't take the trait of having to sharp teeth hanging out either, instead I have them in the back of my mouth. The really don't bother me though.

As soon as my dad finished eating he let me hop in his car. I have to go to school a bit earlier than other students since dad has to get his things ready and stuff like that.

I don't care about being early if it helps my dad out, and it means I don't have to walk into a noisy classroom filled with wannabes.

I sat down in my desk and laid my head down. It is quite boring in here. No one's even in the classroom yet. How late can all these losers be?

The door cracked open. Finally, someone responsible. "Oh, Kan! I never expected you here to be so early!"

Ginger.

She isn't that bad.

Wait, what did she just say?

I frowned. "Well your expectations are low then. I am the top student in this class anyways." I crossed my arms, leaning in on my chair.

She quickly shook her head. "I didn't mean it like that! Promise! It's just that I'm usually the 'teacher's pet' in school... and I thought it was going to be like that this year.. I'm glad it isn't..!"

She's got made fun of too, huh.

"I'm not the teacher's pet, I just have to be here early, that's all. If you give me that title, don't expect to have a good year."

Her mouth gaped a little. "I didn't mean it like that either! I swear! I don't want to be mean to you, I actually wanna be your friend!"

No. I can't have friends. They'll ruin my plans on being number one. They'll want to be number one too.

I opened my mouth to say 'shove off', just it didn't come out. I couldn't manage myself to say it to her.

My eye twitched a bit.

"Don't call me Kan, it's weird to me, just call me (Y/N)." I said facing the other direction.

I didn't see her, but I could feel her smile growing larger. "Baby steps!" she cheers. I rolled my eyes.

Everyone started walking in shortly after. I didn't bother to bat an eye at that idiot next to me. He really should know who he's messing with.

-Time Skippo-

Lunch was just about over, and we had hero training next. I don't want to look too immature, but I am really excited for this. It'll be another time for me to show off on what I can really do.

Kendo begged me to sit with her and some others, but I declined. Just because she's on my good side doesn't mean everyone else gets to be that easily. She's just different somehow. (Yo, I swear I'm not trying to make Y/N attracted to Kendo LmaO)

I sat in the back, alone, watching everyone in my class' movement. How they talk, act, and move. If I'm going to have to beat all of them, I'll have to know their limits, and weak points.

The bell rang, signaling for everyone to leave for next period. Fine by me. I got back to the classroom and got ready for the hero training to start.

I'm still trying to figure out who could possibly be our teacher for this. It'll have to be someone strong and worthy on teaching us. Better be, or I'll have a problem.

"I AM HERE!"

Oh wow, it's All Might. They really went all out this year, having All Might as a teacher. There's yet something suspicious about it. Why would he be here this year and not the other years? Is there something special about now than then?

My questioning had me not paying attention to All Might. "Get your hero suits on, and meet me in the back!" he announces.

Ah, hero suits. I grabbed my case and got changed in the locker room. My hero suit was designed just for my quirk. Enough spots to cut myself for blood, and my boots help with my speed. Also there are pins inside my sleeves, that's the closest I could get to something sharp. (Picture down below, ignore the cat tail and the staff guys lmao)

 I walked over to All Might where some people are already standing, waiting for us to start

I walked over to All Might where some people are already standing, waiting for us to start. He explained what we'll be doing, and I hate it.

We'll have to be working in pairs. I'm not working with any of these losers. How am I supposed to impress the whole class when some reject is bringing me down, and getting all of the glory with me?

Plus we don't even get to pick. It's all by fate. I could get someone with a really useless quirk. Or I could get someone with a quirk that doesn't help whatsoever.

Who cares? I'll just do my part solo, I don't need extra help.

"Monoma and Kan, team B!"

Fuck you, All Might.