Friends

It's a new day, and it already is horrible.

My dad had to go to U.A way too early for my liking so I have to walk alone now. Not that I hate that, I just wanted to be the first one in class again. It shows that I'm not some amateur like the rest of them.

I finished eating my apple and walked out of my house. U.A isn't that far away from where I am now, so I can just take my time.

It's just the beginning of the year and it already is pretty intense. I can stand it though. I can stand anything if I really put myself to it.

.

.

.

.

"There's my jolly princess. You could always change your mind about being a hero too, (Y/N). You don't always need to follow through on what people tell you to be."

"No way, mommy! There's no backing down now, I'll be just as good as dad! Then I can carry you and him with me to a better life without bad guys!"

"It's not just the bad guys that make this world a bad place, (Y/N)... You'll find that out later in life though. Just remember it isn't just people that hurt others. It's themselves too."

.

.

.

.

"(Y/N)! Wait up!"

I stopped in my tracks of and straightened myself up. There's no time for thinking about that. Not right now.

"(Y/N), you okay?!"

It's Kendo's voice. She must walk this route too.

"I'm fine. What do you want?" I asked, harshly.

She giggled. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to walk together is all since you look pretty lonely right now!"

She really wants to be friends with me, huh. She just needs to give it a break.

"We can walk together. I just don't expect to talk to you, ginger."

She cheered and caught up to me with a couple of steps. Does she not notice me being mean to her? Is she just stupid?

"(Y/N), I know you said you weren't going to answer me, or talk with me throughout this walk, but why don't you want to be friends? I understand not wanting to be friends with all of the other students, since people only like a few friends, but none? You need someone in your life that you can relate too."

That whole statement about friends. Something I don't want. They're dumb. It's all garbage. I have my dad. He's relatable.

"Fine. I'll be your friend. Just don't go telling everyone, reject. I will end you. Stomp on you."

A sweat dropped on her forehead, but it was quickly replaced with a large smile. "Fine by me!"

I only told her I'd be her friend so she could stop annoying me with all of this friendship shit. She shouldn't expect me to act any differently.

"Hey, Kendo!"

She swooshed her head over to the person calling her.

It was the boy with that shitty wind quirk and of course it had to be it walking with him.

"Oh, hey Tsuburaba, Monoma!" she waved cheerfully.

No. No. No. No. No. NO.

"Kendo. Don't call them over here. I'll obliterate them-"

"Come over here guys! We can all walk together!"

I hate this 'friends' thing. I was right, this is all stupid. I stared forward and nowhere else. I don't want to make any contact with these idiots.

"Woah, (Y/N), I never thought you liked hanging out with people, I always took you for some lonely type."

Wind wall is already getting on my god damn nerves. Having to ask me questions. Who does he think he is? Peasant.

"What did you just say to me?"

His eyes widened and shook his head fearfully. "I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT! OF COURSE YOU'D HAVE FRIENDS! YOU'RE SO COOL! I JUST THOUGHT YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BEFRIEND US SINCE WE'RE NOT ON YOUR LEVEL!" he screamed.

"You're right. You're not. Stop screaming now."

He sighed in relief and wiped his sweat off his face.

"Speak for yourselves. Stop putting her on a higher level than everyone. You could actually beat her, Tsuburaba. She's most likely the weakest in the class, no doubt. Maybe she should just quit while she's ahead. Overrated scum."

Of course this bastard had to open his big mouth.

"Alright! Alright! Don't fight guys! Remember we all want to be heroes! It's not like were aiming to be something other! Let's just not fight who's the best! I'm sure we're all strong." Kendo stated.

"Kendo. I don't want to hear it. I'm fuming. I would advise you to get out of my face right now, you wannabe pimp."

He smirked and went out to touch my cheek. "Go ahead. I'm not moving."

"Man, you guys should really calm it down... we're at U.A, and you guys don't want to start a fight with people watching us.. do you?"

The wind boy has a point. I can't let my father see me like this. I forcefully grabbed his hand off my cheek and twisted it a bit.

"Let's just go, Kendo."

-Time Skippo-

I sat in my desk, ignoring the looks that the snake is giving me. I had to choose this spot.

"Alright class, next week we have the U.S.J to look forward to for your training. We go before class 1A. They'll go the day after. We will not wait for you to get on the bus, so be prepared. Class dismissed."

I can't wait. I'll show these losers how I really work this time. No one is stopping me. Not that blonde bum, not anyone.

.

.

.

Midnight's class was just about over and the weekend was just about to start.

Before I had the chance to walk out of the classroom, Kendo pulled me over to her desk.

"(Y/N), I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the arcade with me, and a couple of others in the class. Want to go? Promise it'll only be for like two hours tops! We're heading over right now."

"No."

"Please! You can just stick with me! This is what friends do!"

"Yeah, (Y/N), or do you not know what a friend is since you never had one?"

Is he really commenting on me not having any friends? I'll beat him to death.

"Shut up, Monoma. So? What do ya say?" she smiles.

"No."

My dad then bursts in on the conversation. "(Y/N), I'm not allowing you in the house for three hours. Make use to yourself."

Damn it.

"Fine."