37: Telling The Truth

Start from the beginning

I wasn't supposed to be hurting.

"Will you go home with me?" I asked.

The bestfriend I have released me and gave a sad smile, "I will"

"Well it is time for you to tell me I told you so"

I sniffed and reached for the tissue at the bedside table. She was right all along, I was really diving head first on a rocky shore and all it did was hurt me and mess with my head.

If it wasn't for Preston, I would've believed Costa cared for me and would be willing to fight for us. But I guess not. I was a joke to him and he might have not laughed, but world did. And it is mocking me.

"I realize you should make the mistakes on your own, I have no right to tell you how to live your life. I'm your bestfriend, I'm here for you when you're hurt.. I won't leave you, Di" she hugged me tight as my tears ran down my face again.

"Thank you" I whispered, "From the two of us, I was the shitty friend. Remembered when I told you about Jackson? He is a pervert and just plain sexual harasser trying to intimidate his subordinates"

There it started where I piece to Robi everything I left out. The thing that I realized during this Costa drama was: the more lies you say the more complicated and hurt you and everyone around you would be.

Honesty is one of the ways to be happy. One step to achieve it, I need to be open up to my best friend, of all people.

Preston's blackmail was raised next and so did Costa's wicked charms.

"I have and will always believe in you" Robin smiled back at me when I told her that she may or may not believe what I said to be true. At least that's what I wanted to tell her. I want her to know all of me.

"I really thought he is the one.. Stupid right?" I scoffed.

Robi shooked her head no, "It isn't. He may have a wife but liking someone isn't stupid. It is actually so brave of you"

I met her eyes as she continued, "You knew the risk but you give in anyways and that itself makes you really really brave"

"That's what you call stupid" I giggled and nudged her.

We're sat on my bed, our head laid on the headrest as both our hips down were covered under the bedsheet.

"You haven't fallen for him, have you?"

"I don't love him, I just felt really nice knowing a man like him can care for a woman like me" I cringed at the cliché statement. "How're you and Wayn anyways. Enough about me and my whole drama club as a life"

"Wayne is a whole lot different" she rolled her eyes.

"Tell me, but omit the things you do inside the bedroom. I'd rather not know" I laughed.

Robi did too, "He introduced me to his parents a week ago. We talked about children too.. You know how many I want and what gender and so"

Good for her. She's a very beautiful girl - inside and out. Although spontaneous, Robin is the most funny and kind and caring girl best friend I know. Not that because she's all I have but.. I know a beautiful soul when I see one.

I am happy for her. For the future Wayne and her painted. For the bliss she's flying at right now. She's like the sister I never had.

"You know I'm your Maid of Honor right? I'll be able to plan your sexy Bachelor's partyyyy!" I squeaked and raised my fists up.

"Make sure to hire strippers" we both laughed at this.

We always imagined having bacheorette parties years ago. When we were still in college.

I always told her I want to fuck a handsome looking stripper just because guys who work as that can grind really hot.

Now I might have that wish come true.

If only my mind would have moved on from Costa at that time. I really hope so.

"We should grab a beer after you recover" she said.

"I'm perfectly fine now"

"Nope" popping the p, she stood from her comfortable position, "I should make you something to eat. I'll be back your highness"

"Of course, Mon Cherie" I muttered in a fake accent.

How would I live without my Robin?

Author's Note

So here's another chappie for you guys!

Tell me if I'm making a very quick move... But Preston is just a weakass blackmailer. So I don't really think he needs to show the world those images he took or someone took for him. Because he too has skeletons inside his closet.

To the ladies who feels neglected and feels like they're second best.... Don't you dare cower and settle like that. A man should know how to treat their girl right. It might be a two way street but you need to know you deserve better HELL that is unhealthy if you keep on pushing a relationship that isn't even worth it.

You deserve better girl! We desreve better. And for you to know if it is worth it, you first have to know how to love yourself. Feed your mind, body, and soul and the rest will come.

Back to the book, I still am contemplating how I'd end it... Thoughts are:

1. Dione and Costa won't work out
2. Dione and Costa will work out
3. Dione and Costa will die a tragic death like Romeo and Juliet.... (dramatic ending yes?)

Peace out
~ E.

PS: number 3 idea is just nothing.. Unless.. Hmmm.. Maybe I'd just write whatever comes to mind and we'll see? :)