Chapter 13: Hey baby

Start from the beginning

I had grabbed some black jeans, a white shirt and a black tie - mix of casual and formal. As I combed through my hair I realised I didn't give Noah his clothes so I scanned my wardrobe and found a black shirt and stole my dad's old black trousers. I still heard the shower which was a good sign as I wasn't going to have any surprises in my room.

"Noah?" I knocked the bathroom door but he didn't seem to hear me. I walked in crossing my fingers he wouldn't notice. However, as I opened the door he was standing outside the shower in his towel. I froze not expecting this situation.

"Cayden, where are my white socks gone?!" Caleb shouted walking down the corridor.

Noah shut the door stopping Caleb from realising I was in here. His reaction was so fast I couldn't comprehend he stood right in front of me fast enough. By the time I did Noah was closing the distance between us and I was sure iut lips would've connected but Caleb started banging on the door.

"Cayden, are you in there?"
"No, she's not." Noah replied.

Then we heard footsteps move away from the door. Noah removed his hand from beside my head and stepped back letting me exit swiflty.

I silently panicked whilst putting on my air forces and finished combing my hair, cornrowing it in two. Just as I finished the door opened and Noah walked in. He wore his air forces too and gave me a sheepsih smile.

I made sure my brother was changed and we ate before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~

"My friend is here; now can I go to his house?" Caleb asked with a sweet smile.
"Fine go but tell me when your back home." I just managed to say before he ran off.

I was getting fed up of waiting for Taylor outside of church because every other girl was maing googly eyes at Noah. He didn't seem bothered and neither did I until they gave me stank looks after. What happened to love your neighbour?

Finally, Taylor came out of church and we could leave. Taylor came to my church regularly whereas Cole would be more of a every other week thing. And Jacob and Riley went to their own churches.

We got in Taylor's car and sped off to her house. She tried to bring up the fact that Noah came to my house but I shut it down. I wasn't about to have an argument because even I didn't fully understand why I let him stay over.

"Shoes off at the door!" Taylor yelled then whispered,
"Your going to have to tell me at some point."
"No I won't." I whispered back.
"What you two whispering about?" Noah asked fiddling with his fingers.
"I was asking about you and Cayden." Taylor said raising an eyebrow at both of us.
"Oh then there's nothing to talk about really. She's helping me with Hayley Green and I slept over last night because it was late."

"Wait what?! Why is you helping him, especially to get with Hayley?" Taylor pulled a confused face.
"Because he's helping me with my subjects and in return I aid him with steps to get Hayley."

I laid on the couch smiling to myself. Noah came and sat next to me while Taylor mumbled to herself in the kitchen. Noah had the remote but I knew he wouldn't put on anything good so I snatched it off of him.

"Hey!" He yelled.
"Hi." I waved back.
"You can't just take it off me like that."
"I just did."

Noah whiped the remote out of my hand and began flicking through channels.
"What do you think your doing? Give that back." I said reaching out to get the remote again.
"I'm looking for a good channel and I won't."

I got the remote in my hand but was unsuccessful on taking it completely. We tasseled over the remote neither of wanting to let go.

"I swear if you don't let go I'll will get Taylor on you for damaging her property" I gritted.
"Can't wait." He smiled back.

He had some nerve. My hand became slippery and I was losing my grip. I was desperate not to lose to Noah so I leaned back off the couch using my weight to hopefully win the remote. Sadly, it didn't work and he still had a firm grip.

"You can't win."
"Wait and see."

Just then I felt myself falling back and with a large thud hit the ground for the second time today. I winced in pain as my back hit the wooden floor. As I opened my eyes after the shock I realised Noah at comfortably on the couch with his legs stretched out flicking through channels. This is ridiculous!

"That's cheating."
"Last time I checked there was no rules." He smirked. He actually smirked, like this was funny. I don't take being challenged very funny. I let my unforgiving and petty side shine through at this point.

I jumped onto the sofa with my legs on either side of him and took hold the remote. I heaved with all my might to try and lift it up but I left him up in the process.

"Just give me the remote." I huffed.
"Why, I want to watch a movie."
"But I know it will be rubbish."
"Shut up and let go."
"No."

I know I sound stubborn and stupid but I started something and I have to finish it. Even if I'm in the wrong. As I began to lose strength in my pull he yanked forward out of nowhere. I collapsed down towards him, resulting in me to straddling him.

"Ouch, why did fall on me? Where's your balance?"
"Because your dumb self had to pull me."
"Ever tried a salad?"

I looked down at him with fire in my eyes. I was thick, I knew that, but he had some nerve to try to introduce me to a salad. I punched him hard in his shoulder. He groaned in pain and I hoped it would cause a bruise.

"Bitch. You deserved that."
"Okay, I did but your punches hurt."

While he was distracted I grabbed the remote and laughed at my victory. Noah sat up and attempted to get the remote. I say attempted because he flopped. I rolled back so I was lying the couch but my legs were still on top of him. He just laid there and rubbed his shoulder.

I flipped the channel to Crminal minds and lay there peacefully. Taylor came in with popcorn and a confused face.

"I leave you for what 15 minutes and after shouting and screaming and a loud bang your sat peacefully on top of each other. Yet nothing is going on?"
"Yep nothing." I answered.
"Noah you okay?" Taylor questioned
"No, she injured my arm." He complains.
"Grow some balls." I replied.
"You're sitting on them."

I then really realised that I was sitting on Noah's crotch. Embarressment flowed through my veins. I scooted down a bit so I wasn't so on his area. After that awkward conversation ended we watched movies that Noah and Taylor picked. I just sat back and ate.

Distrubing us from the movie was a ring at the door. I wasn't going to move and Noah couldn't because my legs were on him so Taylor got it.

"Hey baby." I heard a voice say.

Me and Noah looked at each other with a uncertain look. The volume of the voice wasn't loud enough so I wasn't sure who it was. I heard shuffling and some mummers before the door opened. My mouth gaped open at who it was. You have got to be kidding me.