Chapter 25

The dance crept up faster than I had hoped. Soon enough it was Friday night and I was walking up to Ashton's house with Caroline at my side. She was beautiful in her pink, just above the knee length dress. It was dripping with sparkles in unique swirl designs across the skirt of it. The pink ombred into white as it got longer and her hair was pulled up into an elegant bun with ringlet curls framing her face as bangs. Honestly, I thought she looked ready for prom, but she promised this is what most girls wore to the dances.

Her heels clicked on the pavement until she stopped to knock on the door with her small hand. It flew open within seconds, revealing Ashton in black, less tight jeans than normal and a white button up shirt. A tie awkwardly hung from his neck, not yet tied to perfection.

"Care, you're beautiful," he breathed with a grin, wrapping her into a huge hug. She laughed, untangling herself from him. "Shit, I didn't mess anything up right?" Ashton asked worriedly, patting her hair back to perfection.

"No, Ash. I'm fine," she giggled, stepping inside the house, followed by me. She reached up to tie the fabric hanging around his collar.

"You look amazing too, Leah," Ashton complimented me just to be polite as Caroline worked on the tie. I murmured a quiet 'thank you', looking down at my dress.

It was a short ocean blue dress, about the same length as Caroline's. It was plain, yet there was a shiny white belt aross my waist with heels to match it, making me much taller than I am normally. My long hair was too heavy for a bun like Caroline's so it was loosely curled (with way too much hairspray for my liking) with one strand from the front pinned back with a fake-diamond clip.

I hobbled into the kitchen, trying my best to walk in my heels as well as Caroline could. I was met by Calum and Luke leaning against the kitchen counter in almost exact versions of Ashton. They, too, wore black jeans with a white shirt, yet they had a different ties. I had a feeling all guys would wear the same thing. It was too casual for an actual suit, but yet too fancy for anything less then a button up.

"You look nice," Luke smiled sweetly, taking my hand. He twirled me in a circle, admiring my dress. "I like the color,"

I blushed at my best friend, swatting his hand away. He was too nice. I didn't deserve him.

"Thank you. You're not too bad yourself," I grinned, reaching up to mess with his hair but he backed away like lightning.

"Don't touch the hair!" he shouted, covering his head with his arms. I burst out laughing.

"Leah, you look hot," Calum smirked, not paying attention to Luke, and I shoved his shoulder lightly.

"Shut up, Calum," I mumbled which made him chuckle softly. "Where's Michael?" The words flowed from my mouth nervously before I could stop them. After our small issue I've missed him although it's only been a few days since it happened.

Calum felt the top of his hair, making sure the quiff was styled to perfection like Luke. "I'm not su-"

"Michael, we're leaving!" Luke shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth for extra volume. Michael must have been upstairs. Calum didn't seem to mind Luke's interruption, as he continued to perfect his hair.

"I'm coming!" Michael yelled back with a hint of annoyance. Luke rolled his eyes, playing with one of his shirt buttons. The three boys looked extremely uncomfortable and out of place in their non-band t-shirts and less skinny jeans. It made me want to burst out laughing. I could only imagine what Michael would look like. I couldn't wait to snicker at his unamused face as he slumped into the passenger seat of the car with a baggy, crisp shirt.

However, I was shocked when the footsteps died down and Michael stepped into the kitchen. He stopped in his tracks at the sight of me, a white crumpled shirt identical to the other boy's balled in his hand. My eyes trailed over him as his did to me. He wore his usual tight black jeans with a rip in the knee, but instead of the wrinkled shirt he held in his hand, he had a black t-shirt with tux design on it. The shirt reminded me of something a groom would wear last minute to elope in Las Vegas.