Chapter 6

This chapter was written to follow the YouTube video of their Year 3000 cover so if you watch that either first or after, it might be kinda cool!

Luke's POV:

I nervously knocked on Michael's front door with butterflies annoyingly filling my stomach and sweaty palms, which I wiped on my jeans.

No answer.

Waiting impatiently for a few seconds, I pulled out my phone to check to make sure I had the right address that Calum had sent. While I was at it, I clicked the camera app and fixed my hair insecurely before shoving it back in my pocket.

I knocked again, this time with more force and white knuckles.

I began to get anxious and silently prayed I didn't look as nervous as I was. The possibility that the guys had forgotten about me, or worse, set me up caused my stomach to churn. I knew Calum wouldn't do that to me, but I couldn't help the thoughts from invading my mind.

I decided to knock harder once more which was followed by a groan from inside. Footsteps and fumbling could be heard on the other side of the door while someone with a tired voice muttered, "I'm coming, just chill."

The front door swung open, revealing Michael with a lazy grin. His hair was slightly disheveled and the black shirt he wore was twisted around his torso like he was previously lying on a couch.

"Hey, man." he said, clasping my hand with his and pulling me into a one armed hug. I mumbled a 'hey' back, but I was too nervous to say much else and instead just loosely embraced him in return.

Pulling away within a few short seconds, Michael rubbed his hand on his jeans and my cheeks flooded with embarrassment from my sweaty palms. Thankfully, he didn't make any remarks and led me through his house, turning into his kitchen. With an ubrupt left, he started down a flight of stairs two at a time with me at his heels.

"Sorry that we didn't hear you knock. We were just messing around with some new song ideas," Michael informed me without craning his neck to look at me with the same smirk he always wore. I knew it drove girls mad.

"S'okay." I said quickly, and once I was downstairs, I saw Calum and Ashton sitting on the same couch I betted Michael was lounging on earlier.

"Hey, Luke!" Calum greeted me and Ashton gave a nod of recognition while Michael fumbled with something in the corner. The longer I looked, I realized it was a tri-pod set with a camera and everything. If I wasn't nervous already, I was now.

"Hey," I replied and forced a smile. I reminded myself to calm down because I probably looked like a freak, standing in front of them with my hands clasped in front of me.

"So, let's get started, I guess," Michael said, probably noticing the extreme awkwardness radiating off of me. Calum nodded, allowing him and Ashton to begin setting up. He grabbed his guitar and a chair, sliding it to the left of the camera, Michael taking the right with an acoustic guitar as well. Ashton brought up the back with a large wooden box which worked as drums, I figured. "Shit, I-um, I didn't bring my guitar because you guys said vocals but I do play guitar, I-"

"No problem, Luke." Ashton said, probably to get me to stop being so nervous. I nodded, unsure where to sit and biting my lip until Calum generously made room for me right in the middle. Ashton pushed a chair toward me so I shakily took it, staring at the camera with wide eyes.

"We're recording this?" I asked and my voice cracked. I mentally kicked myself, but Michael replied without noticing. Or maybe he did, he was just too nice to say anything.