Chapter 84

I'd like to apologize first for not updating in over a month...I got soo many messages from you guys asking me to update and that meant so much to me, so thank you <3 I've just had the busiest month ever and it's been super hectic. I won't go into detail but I'm sorry for taking so long. I never meant to fall behind.

I really hope you all are still with me and haven't forgotten what happened in this book already because I really think you'll like this chapter ;)

Please stick with me because you all are amazing and I love you <3

-

Telling Luke about the trip back home wasn't so bad, much to my surprise. I had stopped him in the hallway, leaning against his locker with a troubled frown while he fumbled with the zipper of his backpack. His eyes flitted to my face the moment I was near him and an opposing smile grew on his lips.

"G'morning," he mumbled with the same sleepy grin and twinkle of blue eyes. I couldn't help but return the smile when Luke sounded so sweet this early in the morning. The lethargic blinks of his eyes and small curl of his lips put me in a better mood. But I envisioned his crystal eyes swirling into mossy green irises with deep red lips to match, and suddenly Michael was on my mind. He was always on my mind.

"Good morning," I replied, unable to suppress the thoughts of my agitated boyfriend, and let him unpack without another word.

Luke placed all of his books carefully in his locker with a comfortable silence between us. I took notice to the way his arms tensed and his shoulders rounded inward under the weight of textbooks. I watched him gather the books he needed for class before he turned to me with a curious glance.

"You never come to my locker this early on Mondays. You have biology with Michael," Luke perceptively acknowledged, gathering a better grip on the textbook in his hands. "I'm happy you're here, don't get me wrong. I just can't help but wonder why."

"You know why," I rolled my eyes, but not out of frustration with him. I was angry with how Michael and I were handling our fight. Ignoring each other is not the way to solve our problems, but his unreasonable anger drove me away. I made a mistake and apologized for it. There wasn't much more I could do.

"He's still not speaking to you?" Luke asked incredulously, shoving his phone in his pocket. I shook my head with a frustrated sigh. "How about I walk you to class?"

"Thanks," I smiled softly at ground, pushing off the wall and walking down the hallway beside him. No one wandering before class dared to slip between us, and instead went around.

"But he really hasn't spoken to you since Saturday?" Luke wondered again with a slight disbelieving shake of his head, not quite done with the topic. I liked that he thought it was unfair too, because with him on my side, everything became a little bit easier. Well, for me at least. It probably only made Michael angrier.

"Nope," I muttered. His eyebrows arched with disapproval, allowing for another silence to fall over us. That was the thing about Luke and I- being quiet didn't bother us, yet as I opened my mouth to introduce the idea of my 'vacation' to America, Luke collided with a shorter girl, possibly half his size, as we turned the corner into the science wing. He stumbled backward as the girl tumbled ungracefully to the ground, taking her still-full backpack with her.

"Shit, I'm so sorry-" Luke frantically reached out for her until the familiar piercing eyes met his. Luke's outstretched hand recoiled for a moment as he stared down at her.