Chapter 67

Sorry for taking so long, I've been in Disney for my birthday!

Before you read, I'd just like to say that you guys are the sweetest people in the entire world. Recently I've gotten a few incredibly nice comments and messages to my inbox that have made me so happy! I feel like I totally don't deserve all of your amazing messages so I needed to say thank you to everyone who has read up to the 67th chapter (oh my god you're literally the best that's SIXTY SEVEN chapters that you've stuck with me so far) and thank you to anyone who has commented or messaged me with something kind <3 I love every single one of you because although this story doesn't have too many readers, the people who do read it make me feel appreciated and it's something I am so thankful for! This being said, any of you can message me whenever if you ever have a problem or need to talk to someone. I'm here for you just as you've been here for me. Again, I love you all so much!!

Secondly, DID ANYONE HEAR THE NEW SONG, PERMANENT VACATION?!? I FUCKING DIED. What did you guys think?! xx

Um last side note, I swear... MICHAELS HAIR IS BLACK SAVE ME DEAR LORD

For taking so long (has it really been over two weeks???) I decided to make another cute chapter and not make dramatic shit go down ahah ;)

----

It didn't take long for me to decide that getting a job was necessary.

My parents tried to convince me that it didn't matter whether I had a job or not, but I knew it did. Although it may not save us from the possible move, it could help because that way I'd be able to pay for some of my own expenses while my parents could put their money toward more important matters like grocery store shopping and bills. The only problem was that I wasn't sure where to work. I still wasn't sure, even after I got in my car and headed off toward the mall. It was in a section of Sydney that I'd come to love because it had hundreds of stores all cooped up inside one mall with everything from restaurants to clothing shops.

Gathering my courage, I left the coziness of my car and walked through the double white doors to the busy mall. Inside, people were buzzing about, several of them holding their kids' hands while others were alone. One woman was talking sternly to someone on her Bluetooth while she struggled to balance all of her shopping bags, almost twisting an ankle in her five inch heels.

My biggest concern, however, was not these people, but the job application process itself. I saw no better way to start searching for a job than beginning at one end of the mall, applying to whatever caught my eye and hoping for the best as I finished at the other end. I knew jobs at the moment we're pretty slim, my parents being a clear example, so I tried not to get my hopes up and did just what I planned: strolled down the center aisle of the mall while examining stores and shops.

The first job I applied for was the smoothie stand. It stood partially down the aisle with a big board of flavors with interesting tropical names. I walked over to the counter and gained the manager's attention, tapping my fingers on the table top to expel the uneasy edge inside me.

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked, leaning politely on his counter with a nervous smile.

"Yes?" he replied and turned around, snapping the red hand towel he was using to clean with over his shoulder.

"Do you have any job applications available?" I said and watched as the man, who's names tag read Gary, beamed at me.

"Sure do!" he told me and pulled out a stack of papers from underneath the register. "You can fill these out and we'll call you as soon as possible. We'll let you know if you'll require an interview."

"Thank you!" I filled out a form and returned it to him, walking away from the smoothie stand with a sense of accomplishment. Sure, it wasn't my first choice for a job, but the fact that it was a possibility was comforting.