Chapter 17

"Have you seen Michael?" I asked curiously, sitting beside Luke in the cafeteria. Ashton and Calum sat in front of me, with Caroline on my other side. 

"No," Ashton said quietly with the shake of his head. I sighed, looking at the three guys. I've felt awkward around them since I exploded at Michael.

"Listen, I'm really sorry," I muttered. "I judged Michael really quickly and you guys too. It was stupid and I was a bitch. It won't happen again." I told them, pleading them to forgive me with my eyes. Calum grinned.

"Don't worry about it," he said. 

"So, we're good?" I clarified. I didn't like feeling guilty around them. Calum and Ashton nodded, a weight being lifted from my shoulders. "Thanks," I smiled.

I was, however, very confused as to why Michael wasn't at school. Was he skipping? Was he sick? I wondered if the alcohol made him more sick than it made me. I doubted it.

"How did your parents handle the cover story?" Caroline changed the subject, looking up from her book. She was silently reading some romance novel while the boys and I spoke. 

"They believed me, but they were angry," I huffed, plucking the book from her hands. I closed it, glancing at the cover. A book called Delirium?

"I don't blame them. My parents would be too," she said, taking her book back. "Leahhh, I lost my page," she groaned. I smiled sheepishly.

"Wait, what cover story?" Luke wondered, turning to look at me with the blue pools that are his eyes. I shrugged, not really wanting to tell him, or the other two, quite honestly, that I stayed with Michael for the night.

"She slept with Michael," Caroline informed him. My eyes widened and the three guys leaned forward, staring at me with expectant looks.

"What!?" They exclaimed.

"No, no! I slept at Michael's, not with Michael!" I clarified. "There's a difference."

"Why am I just hearing about this?" Luke laughed as if it were humorous. 

"It's not funny!" I complained, slapping his arm. "And because it was only Saturday night and I didn't even mean to."

"What happened?  Ashton raised an eyebrow. "Did you guys make out?" My jaw dropped.

"Did you have hot, angry sex?" Calum asked quickly. "Because that would be, like, awesome."

"That's what I said," Caroline grinned, making Ashton laugh. 

"No!" I shouted defensively, earning some glares from students. I lowered my voice. "You guys are so immature! I just drove him home from the party, and I ended up staying for a bit."

"It's okay, Leah!" Luke chuckled, rubbing my arm comfortingly. "We all know Michael can charm girls into anything, like sleeping at his house."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"We don't blame you for staying at his house." Ashton said seriously. What the hell?

"Is this something Michael does a lot?" Jealousy surged through me and I didn't know why. "Do lots of girls stay at his house?"

"Not necessarily." Calum pursed his lips. "He's just....good with the ladies. He doesn't sleep around or anything, but he's not afraid to make out with whoever he wants."

"Are you serious?" I frowned. I couldn't help but feel upset even though I shouldn't have. We're nothing more than friends, if that.

"That sounded harsh," Ashton's eyes flicked to Calum. "Michael's just good at getting what he wants."