50: A Good Friend Wouldn't Need to Ask

Adi rushed to get herself changed when she finally made it into the restroom. Her diaper was soaked; she'd only been wearing a pull-up today, because she hadn't expected to be triggered at all, and it didn't hold up well. The pee was running down her legs, and she knew that she had to get cleaned up as quickly as possible. The first stall available was the disabled one, which was still being pressed into use until the massive queue had been cleared, so she darted in and tried to work out what she needed to do first.

She quickly unfastened the tight skirt so that she could wipe her legs clean. The bag on her shoulder held a small pack of scented antibacterial wipes that were good enough for washing her hands, so she didn't need to worry too much. It turned out there was already a damp patch at the top of her black ankle socks, but she couldn't do anything about that now. All her other socks were in the bags that Toni was looking after, and it would just be suspicious if she came out of the bathroom without socks on. The overflowing diaper she quickly pitched into the trash, and after a moment's thought she threw in her briefs too. There was no way she was going to keep wearing them, and she couldn't put them in her bag without getting pee on everything else.

Then she unfolded another diaper from her bag, and sat on a large bench seat while she fastened the tapes around her waist. She hadn't thought about it before, but using the disabled facilities was much easier for diaper changing. There was more space, for one thing, and it seemed like the staff took a little more care to keep the place clean. That was an interesting fact to know, even though Adi was sure she'd never have a reason to need it again. She was going to be out of diapers in a week at most, maybe two, and then...

And then the wave of shame hit her as she realised she'd just wet herself seconds before making it to the bathroom. It was like something a little kid would do, and for the whole time it took to change her diaper, she hadn't thought about anything but the practical concerns of making sure she didn't get pee on her new clothes. She hadn't even realised how embarrassing it was, or questioned why Toni had managed to slip and say her name at the worst possible moment.

* * *

"But I asked you!" Toni exclaimed, her hands spread wide. "Queueing in a wet diaper's better than a bursting bladder, right? I asked if you wanted me to say it, to help you break through the shame barrier, and you said 'Okay'!"

"I didn't!"

"You did! And you sounded so relieved, I thought..."

Her voice trailed off into silence. The two girls were sitting in the middle of Onix Square now, with sweet treats and coffee on a table in front of them. But this particular table was in a nook beside one of the large potted trees, and they probably couldn't be overheard so close to speakers spurting out the centre's incessant background music.

"Okay, my bad. I just thought..."

"No, I... the janitor was talking, I answered you without listening. And you're right, really. That shame barrier caused me a lot of unnecessary pain. If I'd asked you to say it, then I could have avoided that, but even asking is too weird to think about."

"Sometimes you might need someone to think the unthinkable for you, and make you feel comfortable even if you're scareed to ask?"

"I guess so. Not like that's ever going to happen again, though. Right? I don't know what's wrong with me today, one drink shouldn't go through me like that."

Adi paused to take a sip of her coffee. A small one this time.

"Just one of those things, I guess. Anyway, it's all done with now. So what do you say we go shopping for some fun things, and maybe I can make it up to you."

"Thanks, babe," Adi smirked and giggled as she said it. She wasn't sure why, but the word just seemed appropriate.

"I think that's my line."

Author's note: 1 month. 50 chapters. 39257 words. I'm amazed how much this story has taken off. So thank you everyone for your interest, for your votes, and especially for your comments. This started out as a silly, half-assed story to blow off some steam, but now I'm really starting to get into it. Do you think it would be worth making a book of this one when I've written enough?