18. Coincidence

"Oh these shoes!"

"I want that purse!"

"Omg, is that Gucci!?"

I wanted to bang my head against the glass windows. Mali had been squealing about everything when we passed each window shop. While she found everything amazing, I didn't have the same taste in clothes as she did. I wasn't obsessed with fashion like Mali was.

"Lacey, don't you see anything you like?" my mom asked with a small frown on her face. I hated to disappoint people, but I just wasn't feeling shopping at this moment.

"No, sorry mom. I just don't see anything I would like." Mali scoffed.

"There's a million things here at the mall that you could wear. The heavens know that you need a new wardrobe." she looks at my current outfit with distaste.

"Oh hush Mali, I'm sure we'll find something for Lacey soon." With a look of determination on my mom's face, she dragged me into another store. Nick and my dad had decided to hang in the food court to wait for us.

When we entered this shop there was a girl with more piercings that I could imagine. she was chewing on some gum and looked bored out of her mind. Well that made two of us.

"Hi how may I help you." her tone was almost robotic. My mom didn't seem fazed at all.

"Yes, we're looking for some good outfits to fit her style." as she said the word 'her' she pointed at my with her manicured finger. I rolled my eyes and decided to sit down on one of the seats they had in the store. The lady behind the counter looked me up and down and then lead my mom to the back of the store. Mali followed along like a lost puppy. Meanwhile I decided to play angry birds on my phone while they hunted me down some clothes.

"Hey baby doll." I gave out a gasp of shock and looked up from my phone.

"Oh, hey Cole!" I smiled at him and he gave me a wink.

" I wouldn't take you for a girl who goes to the mall by herself." he sits down next to me. I could smell his signature scent, which was a wood and axe kind of smell. Usually I wouldn't like a guy to have axe on, but he seemed to pull it off.

"Well I didn't come alone. I'm sadly with my mom and sister while I wish that I was with my dad and brother at the food court." my tummy growled.

"Well it looks like you could go for some food then." I blush a little. He gets up from the seat and holds out his hand. I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I can't just leave them." even though I really wanted to. He gives me the puppy dog eyes, with his lip puffed out. His eyes gleaned with a pleading look.

"Please baby doll, I'll buy you any type of food you want. Plus the rest of the guys are here shopping." I shake my head at him.

"I can't, then they'll think that I've gone missing." I try to make an excuse.

"You could just text them....please." he gets down on one knee and takes my hands into his. I look around to see that people who passed stopped to stare.

"Cole get up your making a scene." I hiss under my breath. he just gives me a cheeky smile.

"I will get up when you tell me that you'll go with us." he had that adorable look on his face. I signed, I really couldn't say no since people were already staring thinking that he was proposing to me.

"Fine, sure." some people clapped and I rolled my eyes. people could be so nosey sometimes. I got up from my seat and went out of the store much to my delight. Cole grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. my heart speed up a little, I wasn't use to any boy holding my hand like that. if I didn't know any better I would have thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Imagine what others were thinking as we passed by them.

"So we could head to the food court and then we can chill before going off to find the others." he said and that snapped my thoughts of him. I smiled at him and nodded.

"You can just find us a seat while I go get us some food. what would you like?" I almost forgot that he wasn't Dylan, he didn't know what I usually ate.

"I would like panda express, thanks." he walks off and I take a seat. Well it's weird that this was the exact same

Spot that me and Cole met. Well, what a coincidence. I sat for a couple of minutes before I saw Cole come towards me.

"So what have you been up to lately, Baby doll?" He smirks at me while he takes some fries and munches on them. I let out a groan ready to explain to him my day.

"Well, first I'm really not excited for school to start because of all of the drama that usually happens annndddd I'm super duper not excited about the fact that there's lots of people at the school." I felt as if I was muttering all of that to myself. I snapped out of my day dream when I heard Cole start to laugh. I looked up over to him and instantly had a scowl in my face.

"Cole! it's really hard for me to be in crowded places." I wrinkle my nose up and I feel his hand on mine again.

"Sorry baby doll, I didn't know you were that serious. if it helps you feel any better i'll be there for you every step of the way." he rubs the back of my hand slowly and my heart flutters a little. Cole was doing strange things to my heart lately, and I'm not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing.

"Alright well do you want to head out of here before my family discovers where I am?" I'm pretty sure by now they aught to have noticed, but I could be wrong considering they are in a mall with thousands of clothes to shop for.

"I say, that is a woooonderful plan." he emphasizes on the word wonderful while sticking his hand out for me to grab onto.

"Thank you kind sir." I play along with his poshness act. He gives me a heart stopping smile and we walk out of the food court with our fingers intertwined with each other.

"So, I have a question for you." Cole asks me while swinging our arms together as we walk to find the others.

"What?" he bite his lip and I could tell that he was nervous.

"So, since school is starting in a week.... I was wondering if I could drive you to school?" I couldn't help but gasp out in surprise at his question.

"Um, well usually my brother takes me to school, but...." I trail off. Man, I don't know what to do! Having Cole take me to school would be amazing, but it could spike up some rumors also. I mean what if people thought we were dating?

Which wouldn't be such a bad idea.....

"Yeah, sure....Why not!" he grins ear to ear before picking me up and twirling me.

"Ok put me down before I hurl!" that made him put me down real quick.

"Sorry I'm just a happy man right now!" He leans in and pecks his lips on my cheek.

"Um.....we, uh should....go.... Yeah, we should go." I mumble out gibberish as I blush like the red tomato that I am.

"Alright." He takes our hands and intertwines them together like before. I'm going to need a lot of prayers to get through today.

*********************************

Ok guys what do you think of this chapter? Are you team Cole and Lacey or team Dylan and Lacey?

Comment

Vote

Follow