29. The Flu

Chapter 29

Lacey's Pov.

Weeks had passed and I was feeling absolutely sick.to.my.stomach.

I rush to the bathroom once more to empty out all the little food I had yesterday. I hadn't been eating as much. I flush the toilet while placing a hand on my huge head splitting headache.

I hadn't felt this sick since my anxiety was kicking in severely. I brush my teeth and head downstairs. when I get downstairs I see my whole family around the table eating breakfast. When my mom see's me she gives me a concerned look.

"Honey, are you okay?" She asks while getting up from her chair to walk over to me. She feels my forehead with the back of her hand.

"Oh goodness! Your burning up. Go lay down and I'll go fix you something to eat, okay?" I nod and head back upstairs to my bedroom. I get into my covers while holding my stomach. It felt like someone was stabbing it a hundred times.

"Hun, I got you some soup." My mom walks into the room and hands me a tray with a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Along with that, I see a thermometer in her hands.

"I'm just going to check your temperature." she takes the thermometer and sticks it under my armpit. We wait a moment until it beeps.

"Oh It's 100.2! okay, what I'm going to do is go and run to the clinic to get you some medicine and if you feel any worse then we're going to the doctor, okay?" She gives me a sympathetic look and leans in to kiss my forehead.

"Love you sweetie." she whispers to me.

"Love you too." and with that she leaves the room and I reach for my phone to call my friends.

"Hello what's up my biotch!" I hear Sophie in the background laughing. I smile at her cheerfulness.

"Yeah, I'm not going to be able to make school today so can you just get the homework for me?" it was the worst time for me to be getting sick since finals were just around the corner.

"Awww are you okay?" Her tone turns into concern and I hear Sophie shuffling closer in the background.

"Um yeah I'll be fine. I'm just feeling under the weather, but I'll probably feel better later before you know it." my voice sounded very hoarse.

"Okay well fell better soon Lacey. And your sure you don't want us to come over?" She asks me.

"Yeah I'll be fine watching Netflix and staying in bed all day." I hear the front door in my House open and close. I guess they had left out for school.

"BS girl, but we'll probably stop by at your house during lunch." I hear Sophie agreeing with Megan. They are always so stubborn.

"Fine." I say goodbye to them both and lay down. I rarely got sick besides my anxiety making me sick, but never an actual cold or possibly the flu.

I watch the titanic and eat the soup that mom cooked for me. An hour had pass and by then I'm already caught up in my series of watching Finding Carter.

A wave of nausea passes over me and I run to the toilet once more to empty out the soup I had ate earlier. I sink on the mat of the bathroom while tears sting my eyes.

"Sweetie? Oh dear lord! Hun, I have your medicine and I also got a heated water pad for your stomach." she rushes over to me and pulls me up gently and we both make our way over to my bed.

"Okay take this Advil for the headache and this DayQuil, because I'm pretty sure you have the Flu. And once your done with that then put this heated pad over your stomach and that should help. I took off from work to make sure that your going to be okay throughout the day." She states and I nod my head weakly. She left the room, but not before kissing my forehead again.