26. Dylan's Story

Chapter 26

Lacey's Pov.

I enter into the jail and saw cops sitting behind their desk. The smell of coffee was so strong I was sure to have a headache.

"Um I'm looking for Dylan Black?" I asked and the cop looked up from his phone that he was texting on and gave me a strange look.

"He isn't allowed any visitors at this hour." The cop huffed out before munching on one of his donuts.

I raised and eyebrow and crossed my arms around my chest.

"Well it's an emergency and I have to see him." I practically pleaded with him. He gives me a glare before checking his clip board.

"He's in cell 54" he stated and instantly I was off. When I got to his cell I saw him crouched Down with his knees drawled up to his chest. His eyes were closed and his breathing was steady. Luckily for him, he was the only one in the cell with the exception of a dude who looked perfectly normal sitting in the next cell over to Dylan's right.

I passed the normal guy's cell and I heard him say,

"Hey give me a lap dance, sexy thang!" I stiffened before moving towards Dylan. He looked up when he heard the person next to him shout.

Once his eyes met mine they went from their usual crystal clear blue to a deep ocean blue that you would see at night.

"What the fuck are you doing here." I flinch at the harshness in his voice. He see's me flinch and instantly his face softens a bit.

"I was just checking on you to see how you were holding up. How long are you in here for?" I asked while I decide to sit down on the floor with him.

"They said only for a day." he muttered and my eyes widened in surprise.

"Only a day?!" I asked and he looks over at me while his jaw tightens.

"Yeah, what did you expect? A year?" He shakes his head and looks away from me.

My hands tighten around the bars.

"No that's not what I meant...its just that I thought you would be in here longer for a fight and all..." he looks back up and stares at me silently.

We don't say anything for a couple of minutes.

"You know Cole isn't as innocent as you think." Dylan states and I look back over at him while taking a deep breath of air.

"What happened?" I whisper and I know by the look on Dylan's face that what I said goes way further back than I realize.

"He doesn't love you. He loves the idea of you and maybe even loves your body, but he doesn't love you." I look at Dylan with confusion. Cole wouldn't do that to me. He said that he loved me, it was hard to picture someone as nice as him ever using me, but I'm beginning to think that maybe my judgment isn't as good as it seems.

"And you do?" The question slips out of my mouth before I can catch myself. My breathing stops while I wait for his answer. When he doesn't respond I think that maybe he didn't hear me and I let out a breath of relief.

"More than breathing. I love you more than breathing and life itself." He looks at me straight into the eyes and I fight not to look away. His eyes were looking into my soul and I felt so exposed at the moment.

"What happened?" I ask one more time to get an answer out of him.

His breathing got quicker and I could tell that the question really strikes a nerve in him, but I wanted answers. I wanted to know why they always fought. He looks at me before speaking.