31. Baby Mama Drama part 2

Chapter 31

Lacey's Pov.

We pulled up into the hospital parking lot and my nerves were on a high scale. Sophie and meg rode with us and also Dylan rode in the same car with us.

Brave soul.

Once we entered the building, I was greeted instantly by a anti-septic spray and just all around the smell of sick people.

"Hello, how may I assist you today?" The doctor smiles at us. My mom begins to explain my situation to the nurse and I don't know if I was being paranoid, but I could have sworn I saw some people giving me judging looks.

Dylan holds my hand and gives me a reassuring look. I start to feel better by his comfort and my friends encouraging smiles.

"Okay right this way." she leads us all to the waiting room so that we can wait for the doctor.

I saw someone familiar come out of their room and instantly I start to tense up.

How could I have forgotten?

Cole was still here.

My breathing pace starts to pick up and I can feel my heart beating out of my chest.

Dylan notices my uneasiness and gives me a concerned look.

"What's wrong?" He says while he rubs the back of my hand.

"Cole. He's here." is all I'm able to manage out before I start to go into panic mode.

"Shit." I hear Dylan curse. My mom and friends look over at me, giving me the same expression that Dylan gave me.

"Aw shoot! I totally forgot Cole was here!" Megan just realizes and Sophie shoots her a look saying 'really?'

"It'll be fine, I promise." Dylan reassures me, but by the way he's looking, I'm not sure if he's trying to convince me or himself.

"Lacey Love?" I hear the doctor call out my name.

"That's me." I suddenly felt really awkward because everyone's eyes were on me, making me fell very uncomfortable.

"Hi, nice to meet you. My name is Dr. Karen and I'll be aiding you today." The doctor gives me a warm welcoming smile. I nod not saying much because let's face it, I'm way too shy right now and I was ready to faint in just about any minute. She leads us into a room with white walls and we all try to squeeze into the room. Mostly everyone had to stand except me. Dylan decided to pull up the only chair closer to the bed.

"I see that you have a lot of supporters with you today." She smiles at me and I return the smile, although mine probably looked like I was constipated.

"Okay so first I'm going to ask you a couple of questions." I nod my head while she logs onto her computer.

"What's your date of birth?"

"August 10 1998."

"When was your last period?"

"About a month ago."

"Are your Bowles regular?"

"Yes"

"Drinking a lot of fluids and healthy foods?"

"Yes."

"How much water do you drink a day?"

"About 7-8 glasses a day."

"Good! Okay, now I'm going to have you lay down and we will get the hologram up to see this baby, okay?" I nod and she gets a tube of something that I'm not familiar with. Once she opens it and pours something onto a device I raise an eyebrow at her making her laugh.