I lift the sheet back to see Erik's motorcycle, the same one he offered to take me on.

I run my one hand along the leather seat while balancing the cake on my other.

It is smooth even with the worn out spots.

I bet it is smooth to ride on too.

"Hey," I turn to see Erik standing in the doorway leading to the garage dressed in a pair of dark grey sweatpants and a white long sleeve top.

"Hey," I try to hide the cake behind my back but by the look on his face, it is a failed attempt.

"I saw the cake this morning when I was getting a water bottle out of the fridge."

"Well happy birthday." I smile to him as he walks down the steps and towards me.

"Thank you." Erik kisses the side of my head as he stands by me and looks at his motorcycle, "we should go for a ride some time if you are down for it."

"I would like that." I smile up at him before giving him a light shove, "go change for your birthday dinner."

"Do I get cake later?" He smirks at me.

"Maybe if you are good."

Erik leaves to change once we are back in the house and I can hear the chatter coming from the kitchen.

Devon and Kyle are doing dishes while Isla is placing bowls of food in the middle of the table, "where's Lucas?"

"Changing, the idiot got gravy on his white t-shirt." Isla rolls her eyes as I set the cake on the counter, "you look hot today."

"She always does," Erik says as he wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me into his side.

"Can't argue with that."

"Happy birthday." Devon and Kyle both comment before going back to their conversation.

"So how old are you now?" Isla questions Erik, "no one has bothered to tell me."

"Thirty."

"You go, girl, get that older guy."

"He's older than me by five years."

"Still older."

"Birthday boy is here, let's eat." Lucas hollers as he comes from the basement.

We file into our seats and pass the different arrangements of food around the table making light conversation about the future and telling funny stories of Erik.

After helping clean up from dinner and dessert I find Erik in his room, listening to some music.

"Hey, what you doing?" I ask as he stares up at the ceiling.

"Just thinking about life."

"Want to be left alone?"

"Come here." He opens his arms to me as I close the door behind me.

"What are you thinking about?" I question after cuddling up close to him.

"Just how my life has turned out and that I'm finally living the dream that I've had since I was a child." He sighs as he starts to stroke my hair.

"I'm happy for you, you deserve everything you want in life."

Erik doesn't say anything as he looks down at me.

"Thank you for making this one of the best birthdays ever." I move my head slightly so that our lips can touch. We move in sync as Erik starts to deepen the kiss, rolling over so that most of his weight is on me.

"Don't you want to unwrap my gift?" I breathe out as he kisses my neck.

"You being here is more than enough Ray." Erik sits back, allowing me to sit up slightly.

I roll my eyes at him before pulling the white tank top over my head, revealing the top of the lingerie I had purchased. White lace covers my body and pushes my breast up, making it seem like I have full cups.

"Fuck," is all he says before pushing me against the bed and unbuttoning my jeans.

He explores my body for most of the night before collapsing beside me in complete exhaustion.

"Hope you don't have plans today." He mumbles into my ear as he pulls my sweaty body against his.

"Just laying in bed with you."

"Good."

I roll over, checking the time on my phone to see it's 6 am.

"Get up, I have one more surprise," I whisper into his ear as I untangle myself from the sheets and him.

"No, I just want to sleep." He groans but does get up.

"Put some clothes on." I grab the sweatpants and long sleeve shirt he was wearing when he came home yesterday.

Once we are both ready, I take his hand and lead him out to the backyard where I set up a spot for us to watch the sunrise.

"I know how much you love watching the sunrise and I thought we could watch your first one being thirty."

"I can't think of anything better." Erik smiles at me, that smile only I get to see.

Something I have grown to love.

Edited by GirlReader133