Chapter 34

Ashley's pov
(six months later)

I woke up because I thought I peed myself. I felt a huge gush of something and my jaw dropped.

"Zach! Wake up! I think my water broke!!" I said shaking Zach.

He got up and quickly pulled on his pants and a hoodie. He pulled on his checkered vans and helped me.

He grabbed our bag while I called my mom.

I told her to come watch Xavier and Ezra while me and Zach go to the hospital.

I started walking around the apartment while Zach told Ezra and Zay that grandma was coming to watch them.

While i was walking I felt a contraction come.

I leaned on the counter and held my stomach. "Zach!" I yelled just as my mom walked in.

She ran to my side and placed a hand on my back.

"Zach! Let's go!!" I said as he walked out and over to help me.

He grabbed my bag and helped me walk to the elevator. While it was going I squeezed Zach's arm because a contraction came again.

"Mmm! Fuck!" I said holding onto Zach.

"Hey! It's ok! We're gonna meet our twins in no time!" Zach said smiling

I smiled back as we walked to our car. We got in and Zach sped to the hospital.

Once we got there we walked to the front desk.

"Hi! We're having a baby!" Zach said

"No shit!" I said, "sorry!" I added

"Ok! Name?"

"Zach and Ashley Herron!" Zach said

"Occupation?"

"I'm a singer she's a photographer!"

"Who's your doctor?"

"Doctor Larsen!"

"Ok! We'll get you emitted!" She said before handing Zach a clipboard and waving us to follow her.

We followed her to a room and she left.

Zach helped me change into a gown and I sat down in the bed.

Another contraction came making me groan and hold my stomach.

We sat there for about ten minutes before a doctor came in.

"Alright! How far have your contractions been?"

"Ten minutes!" I said breathlessly as another contraction came.

"Alright! I'm gonna check and see if you're dilated." He said and I nodded and let him.

He came back up from under the blanket and smiled.

"You're about maybe 2 centimeters." He said

I nodded and he left.

-couple hours later-

I've been having really bad contractions that it's at the point where it might hurt the babies. And the fact that there's two makes it way harder.

I've been on oxygen for about half an hour and these contractions hurt like a bitch.

We're getting to the point where we might have to do a c-section.

-couple more hours later-

I've had those big contractions after a couple regular ones and they suck.

Zach has been keeping everyone that couldn't be here updated through Snapchat.

Zach's Snapchat:

"So...Ashley is still on oxygen. They are seriously considering doing a c-section. She keeps having these big contractions that are so bad that they are almost putting the babies at risk. So...we're kinda just waiting to see what happens."

Zach sat down in a chair by my bed and held my hand. "They'll be ok!" Zach said referring to the babies.

I nodded and he kissed my hand.

-an hour later-

The doctor came in and saw I was ten centimeters and we are getting ready to push.

They were getting the epidural ready while I hugged a pillow and held Zach's hand. "Please! Countdown from three! I've done this before but I hate needles!" I said

"Of course. Now don't move!" They said before counting down from three.

I squeezed Zach's hand as I kept telling myself to stay still.

Once they were done I layed back down and a contraction came.

"Ok! Ash! I'm gonna need you to push!" They said and I nodded before pushing.

They counted to ten before I had to stop.

I got a second to breathe before I had to push again. They counted to ten again before I could stop.

We did that two more times. "Ok! The head is out. Now I need you to open your eyes on this one. Watch your baby come out!" The doctor said

I nodded and pushed as they counted to ten and felt a rush of relief as she came out.

Zach cut her cord and they took her to clean her off. "Ok! There's you girl! Now let's get your boy!" He said.

After a couple minutes I was pushing again.

They counted to ten before I could take another breath.

We pushed two more times before he came out too. They cleaned him off and let Zach cut his cord too.

I held the boy and Zach held the girl.

"Alright! Do we have names yet?" The nurse asked holding a clipboard.

"Yes! Asher and Angel!" Zach said.

"Beautiful!" She said writing them down.

We held them for a bit longer before they took them to do some tests and make sure they're healthy.

Zach layed in the bed next to me on my left side so he wasn't on the epidural cord thing.

He kissed my cheek before I layed my head on his shoulder. I gently closed my eyes and let darkness fall over me.