chapter 16

Ashley pov

Today was the day me and Zach go to Dallas for thanksgiving.

I grabbed Xavier's carrier and my suitcase and walked upstairs. Zach saw me and rushed over. "Let me take that!" He said and grabbed my suitcase. I rolled my eyes playfully and we walked out to the van.

Corbyn, Daniel, and Emma weren't going home till tomorrow. I put Xavier in the seat and Zach buckled him in. I walked over to Corbyn and hugged him. "I'll miss you bubbers!" I said.

"I'll miss you too sis!" He said before kissing my head. I walked over to Emma and daniel and hugged them. "I'll see you guys in a week ok?" They both nodded and hugged me again.

I waved goodbye and got in the van. We're gonna stay at Zachs parents one week and then my mom's for the other week.

Our uber pulled out of the driveway and we all waved goodbye to the others.

~time skip~

We got to the airport and went through security. The boys took some pictures with the fans while I sat down by our gate holding Xavier.

A girl came up to me smiling. "Is that your baby?" She asked excitedly. "No! This is Xavier! He's my brother! My mom needed me to take him for a little while! You wanna hold him?" I said and she nodded sitting down next to me.

I gave Xavier to her. She held him sweetly and asked me to take a picture of her and him. I took her phone and took a quick picture of her and Xavier.

"I better get going!" She said and handed Xavier back to me. She walked away and Zach walked over and took Xavier. He kissed his head as we waited by our gate.

Jack and Jonah's flights have already left so it's just us now.

Finally we were able to get on the plane, but were pulled off for some reason. They lead us out of the airport and my heart started racing. I held Xavier close to my chest with my other hoodie covering him.

We got to this big plane and saw Logan, Jack, and Jonah standing in front of it. "What's going on?" Zach asked Jack and Jonah as I stood next to Logan who was now holding Xavier.

"We don't know! We were taken off our flight just like you guys!" Jonah said

"Guys! I wanna get home so I can see my mom again!" I said getting really anxious.

My palms started getting sweaty and I wiped them on my jeans. I started twiddling my thumbs and Zach grabbed my hand and squeezed it before kissing it.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice from behind me. My heart rate sped up and I started breathing heavy. I turned around and met the face of someone I never wanted to see again.

My dad.