chapter 23

Zach's pov

I woke up early. Today is the day I'm going to ask Ashley to marry me! We're both 19 and I love her so much!

I've created a huge scavenger hunt for her.

I changed into some black jeans with rips in the knees and Ashley's favorite shirt of mine. I sprayed on the cologne Ashley loves and pulled on my checkered vans.

I taped the first clue the door and closed it on my way to the living room. Emma stepped out of her room and smiled at me. "You know I always knew you were a keeper! Even through your guys ups and downs!" She whispered. I smiled and taped the second clue.

I then left and went and taped all the clues and made sure everything was perfect.

Ashley's pov

I woke up and changed into this.

I paired it with my black vans

I paired it with my black vans. I put my hair into a messy bun and brushed my teeth. I put on some mascara, did my eyebrows, and put on some chapstick.

I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket. I walked to my door and found a note.

It said,

Hey! You found your first clue! The next one is on something we wake up and do everyday! Love you!

Love,       
Zach

I thought for a second. Every morning before he goes to rehearsals we wake up and...I got it! We eat cereal together!

I walked out to the kitchen and found the second clue on the cereal.

Great! You found the second clue! The next is not here in the apartment. It's where our first date in la was! Make sure to order chocoalte, with chocolate sauce, and strawberries! Have fun!

Love,       
      Zach

First date in la? Oh gosh! Ummmm. Oh! The frozen yogurt place down the street!

I grabbed my keys and walked out of the apartment and rode the elevator to the lobby. I walked out of the complex and turned right.

I walked a block down the street and went inside. I ordered what the clue said and Charlie smiled at me.

"Her you go ma'am!" He said and handed me and empty cup. I raised an eyebrow and looked in the cup. The third clue!

I got it out and opened it.

You're doing great princess! Speaking of princess where would you find one? You might need an Uber for this one.

Love,       
Zach

I thanked Charlie and walked outside when a car pulled up in front of me. "Looks like you need a ride!" Emma said in the front seat.

I got in and thought for a second. Princess? Oh duh! Disney! "To Disney my good woman!" I said and pointed striaght ahead.

She laughed and started driving.

Once we got there I jumped out of the car. I went to the enterance and saw Belle from beauty and the beast. Awwh my favorite princess.

She looked at me and waved. She walked towards me and hugged me. "Are you Ashley?" She asked

"Yes!" I smiled. She handed me a slip of paper and I smiled and thanked her before running to the car.

I jumped in and Emma asked me what it said.

"It says, hey baby! You found the next clue! You're doing great! You're getting closer and closer to finding me! I love you so much! You're next clue is where we go with the boys when we're bored and it's hot as fuck! Love Zach! I know this one! Its the beach! We always go there!" I say and Emma drives the the beach.

I got there and hopped out of the car and down to the sand.

Three girls ran up to me. "We're limelights and Zach told us to give this to you!" The one in the middle said. I smiled and took the piece of paper and opened.

This is your last and final clue! To get to me you have to go somewhere high! We love to come here when we wanna clear our head or just be alone.

Love,     
Zach

I smiled and thought. Definitely the pier.

I thanked the three girls and ran to the car. "To the pier!" I yelled and Emma started driving.

-time skip cause in this book it was a 30 minute drive-

We pulled up to the pier and found the guys all in suspenders and bow ties. Oh how I love their suspenders and bow ties.

Zach stood in the middle with Jack and Corbyn on his left and Daniel and Jonah on his right.

My eyes watered at the pretty setting sun and the beautiful lights hung from the trees above them. Zach held his hand out and I took it.

"You found me! Now you have to answer my question!" He said and got down on one knee. My body began to fill with butterflies as he pulled out a black velvet box and opened it. There was a ring inside. A beautiful diamond ring!

"Ashley Joe Johnson! You have made so happy! You make me smile even when you're mad. You've helped me through everything and since the day I met you I knew you were gonna be mine. So Ashley? Will you marry me?" He asked as tears fell from my eyes.

"Yes!" I said and he slipped the ring onto my finger. He stood up and I grabbed him and kissed him. "I love you!" I said once we pulled away. "I love you too princess!" He smiled and I kissed him again.

We stayed for a bit taking pictures and such.

We got home and I showered before laying down in bed with Zach next to me. I posted a picture on Instagram.

Ash_herron- sorry ladies! He's mine forever now!💕 #futureherron

I then plugged my phone in and cuddled next to Zach. I closed my eyes and let darkness fall over me.