Chapter 22. Elizabeth Noel Morgan.

The pain of having this child was way too damn long! It hurt worse than when Micah stabbed me with a knife and when I got my finger blew off.

Arthur held my hand as I almost broke it out of pain. But soon enough I heard crying.

"Dammit, I wanted to have her at home not here." Arthur mumbled.

I smacked him before he handed me my baby. A girl. Elizabeth Noel Morgan.

"She has your blue eyes." I smiled.

"And your... profile." Arthur said.

I leaned my shoulder against him and closed my eyes slightly.

---
That night Arthur packed our bags and told John why we need to leave early. He understood, congratulated us, and packed as well. The ride home was awful. Elizabeth wouldn't stop crying and John wouldn't stop complaining cause he's a bitch and Arthur wouldn't shut the fuck up about the vampire shit.

"I'm gonna kill you two!" I finally hissed.

It was silent until Arthur leaned in real close to John and I heard him whisper:

"It's that time of the month."

---

I was lucky to have such great friends. Abigail was more than happy to help me with my baby. Arthur mostly held Elizabeth when she was sleeping but as soon as she was crying... back to me!

We started calling her Eliza over the years. Except when she started throwing things then her nickname was Little Shit.
She was a real daddy's girl.

"Daddy?" She asked one evening. We were on the porch and Arthur was cleaning his gun.

"Yeah?" He looked at her.

"Why is the world so bad?" She asks, tear eyed.

Arthur glances at me and I shrug. The fuck kinda question was that. Then Arthur said something that just made me love him even more;

"It's not the world that's bad. In fact some of it's good. It's just powerful and it's the people that decide what they wanna use that power of freedom for. Wether it's for hurtin' others or helpin'. Can't judge everybody the same or then you'll run out of people to judge." Arthur finished.

Eliza climbed in his lap and looked up at the stars.

"I wanna help others. Teach folks how tah' be kind to one another instead of just bullyin'. Kind of like you, Daddy." Eliza snuggled in his arms.

"I got real high expectations of you, girly. And they're higher than me." Arthur said.
He looked at me and I mouthed the words,

"Me. You. Tonight."

He winked and nodded.

"Mommy?" Eliza said.

"Yes, darlin'?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Are you gonna help others?" She asks in all seriousness.

"Gonna help as any way I can." I smile.
It was silent and peaceful for a moment.

"What if someone hits ya?" She asks.

"Don't wanna hit'em back unless they're gonna cause harm to the ones you love." I say.

She better not be hittin nobody or vise versa.

"I love myself though." Eliza says.

Touché.

"That makes you seem like a bad person. Rise above those standards, Eliza." Arthur says.

"Daddy, Mommy?" She asks.

Omg...

"Yes?" I sigh.

"I love y'all." She finishes before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.
I smile and Arthur takes her to bed. Never once I thought my life would go this way. It was as if some void changed my fate and my husband's. TB is almost incurable. And he just recovers amazingly. It's odd. Thinking you're gonna die. It's almost as if you think you can't die. It's impossible to happen to you cause you're... you're you. But once it starts happening.
The realization sets in.

I could've died.
But...
But what if?

What if just something changed it? So tiny that we escaped death? Crazy to think about.
This is my life and how I chose to live it. I'm happy and I'll keep on ownin' it.

Keep on ownin' yours if it makes you happy. 'Cause in the end... everyone has an opinion on your life but nobody has the facts. Only you have that.

Noel "Robin" Morgan.

----

The End.

Not gonna lie....
I kinda cried.
Ily Robin ❤❤❤❤