Chapter 13. Waiting.

Me and Arthur waited five whole days in this cellar. Still waiting.

Arthur was resting against a sack of extra feed and I was on an old stool against the wall, bored as hell.

My eyes causally floated across the floor and then landed on a small pebble by my boot.
I picked it up and turned it over in my hands, feeling the rough edges.
This could really hurt someone if I threw it hard enough. I rear back and chunk it at Arthur and it hits him in the neck.

"Agh! Robin!"

"Huh?" I blink.

"Why'd you do that?" He rubs his neck where the rock beaned him.

"Do what?" I look to my left and then back at him.

"Why'd you hit me?"

"I was sitting here." I lean back in the chair.

"....Dumbass." Arthur shuts his eyes again. I smile at how easy it is to annoy him.

I hear several things bash against the roof of our house.
Our house is so fucked. Oh well...
Can't worry about things you can't control.
I take a deep breath and shut my eyes.

((Memory))

I ran along the edges of the creek, happy and carefree.

"Can't catch me!" I hear my sister yell.

I giggle and run after her all the way towards the house.
After running a little ways I trip over something sharp, tearing my skin away.

"Ouch!" I yell. Nancy double backs towards me and looks. My shin was bleeding from a small cut. I feel in the grass until my hands bump against a small bottle.

"What's this?" I pick up the broken bottle.

"Dunno. Lemme read it." Nancy grabs it and turns it over in her hand.

"P... pois...-"

((Memory ends))

I felt Arthur shaking me awake and tapping my cheek roughly.

"Wha-what-fucking... What!" I open my eyes after rubbing some dust that had settled in them.

"Storms over. C'mon." He helps me up and checks my eye again.

"Still red." He whispers.

I wave him off and walk up the steps and with his help we lift the cover up from the cellar and look around. I walk up the steps and see everything coated in three inches or more of dust.

"Arthur." I look at our home. The windows are broken as well as some holes in the roof and a tree limb had broken our door down.

"Me and John can fix it." Arthur rubs his neck.

"I wander how they held up." I limp to the barn and open it after a few tugs.

The horses were alright but a couple sheep and some chickens were buried alive.

"Baby calf died as well." Arthur kicks the baby calf's leg to move it from the walkway.

"Dammit." I murmur.

I sigh and saddle up Ace.

"I'm gonna go check on the Marstons." I say.

"Alright... be carful!" Arthur says in a firm voice.

"Yes sir." I lead Ace out of the barn and hit the trail.

----

It was difficult considering how many dead horses and even some people were spread on the trail. Many trees were laid on the dirt road and fences were broken down. I sighed. This is gonna hit a bunch of people real hard. No doubt that everyone's crops are swept down.

I turn towards John's and Abigail's home.

------
I was thinking of doing a Zombie Apocalypse book! Should I? Itll have romance action and of course...
One of my OCs that is suppose to be related to Robin but Im using her in the book. Her name is Denise and shes a badass!!!!
If 2 people say yes then ill get on it right away :)

Fact about Robin/Me:

Her horse, Ace, is an actual horse i used in rdr2