♠︎ Chapter 1 • "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You?" ♠︎

Start from the beginning

        I narrow my eyes at him. "Watch your mouth, brat. You don't want to get on my bad side."

        "What'll you do? Stab me?"

        "No," I chuckle. "But I'll take you out back and beat your ass."

        "Hot."

        I scoff and shake my head. "Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not into guys."

        "And I never said I cared if you were into guys or not." Charlie shrugs. "I've had one offs with many 'straight' guys. 'It's this one time only, so I'm not gay.' Whatever helps them sleep at night, as long as I get fucked without the threat of STIs or commitment, I'm game."

        "Good for you."

        He checks the time and grabs his belongings. "Nice to meet you, Ethan." The blond adjusts his backpack and opens his book, walking out of the lab.

        I stare at him until he's out of my line of sight. What an interesting guy. He's got fire and he won't just roll over for me and I like that. He's definitely going to be fun to mess with.

        I wonder if he was hitting on me?

        I rise, slinging my bag over my shoulder and head out to my next class. I doubt he was actually interested, probably just teasing.

        I decide to ignore it for the rest of the day and just go about my classes, not really paying as much attention as I should. By lunch I've gotten three pages worth of sketches done.

        I catch Charlie's eye in front of the cafeteria and look away, throwing my sketches in the trash and heading outside towards the field. I find my crew relaxing under the bleachers.

        "Afternoon, Dechart." O'Malley smirks, smoking a blunt. I scrunch my nose up at the smell but sit down anyways.

        "I need a fucking cigarette." I announce and pull a pack from my jacket. I take one and place it between my lips, leaning over so Tony can light it.

        "Your day's been boring." Scout, a chick with her head shaved and more piercings and ink than your neighborhood tattoo artist, predicts. She has her creepy deck of cards out and she's placed four on the ground at random, three of the cards being low numbers while the other is a King of Hearts. "However, there was one point of interest."

        Scout says she's a witch. We all go along with it, mostly because her 'readings' are always scarily accurate.

        "Yeah," I confirm, blowing smoke from my nose. "Boring as all hell."

        "What was the point of interest?" O'Malley asks, slapping my knee with her sandwich.

        I shrug. "Met someone in science who's apparently going to be my lab partner for the rest of the year."

        Tony smirks. "Hot girl?"

        "No, actually. Just some guy."

        O'Malley narrows her eyes. "Potential initiate?"

        I roll my eyes. "No."

        "Then why are you interested?"

        "I don't know." I huff. "Ask the damn cards."

        Scout smiles creepily, fingering two decorated 20 sided dice.

        "Whatever." O'Malley takes a hit. "God, that's better. You want some?"

        "Nah," I wave her off.

        "Pussy." She mutters and lies back on the grass.

        "So," Tony turns to me. "We got a plan to get you some extra cash."

        I raise an eyebrow. "You want me to mow lawns or somethin'?"

        Tony laughs. "No, we're gonna rob a store."

        "What?"

        "Yeah, it's no biggie, Ethan. Me and Carm did it back when she was cheatin' on you."

       I shove him.

        "Whatever, just wanted to assert that I give better dick." Tony chuckles. "But seriously, man. It ain't that hard. We could be in and out like that!" He snaps his fingers. "And boom, no paying out of pocket for gas for weeks."

        I shift uncomfortably. "I don't know, man. I've never done anything like that."

        "Scout shoplifted everything she owns." O'Malley points out. "It's easy."

        "It's true," Scout mutters. "Ten dollars for a pack of dice? Kiss my ass."

        "Look, I'm just not into stealin'—"

        "Don't be a coward, Dechart." O'Malley smacks my stomach. "You know how much we hate pussies. You a pussy, bitch? Gonna go home and cry to your mama?"

        I shove her off. "Fuck off, fine. I'm fucking in, okay? Jesus, you're an ass."

        O'Malley laughs and punches my arm. "That's better."

        "Lunch is over." Scout informs us and collects her cards and dice.

        Tony snags my jacket before I can get up. "Meet us at the park tomorrow night at nine." I nod and he lets go. "Don't be late."

        "I'll be there." I growl and leave the field, leaving my burning cigarette on the ground.

____________________________
Author's Note:

So now you've met Ethan! And his...friends. What do you think of him? What do you think of them?

-Jex