The Big Day

A/n: Keep in mind that I don't know any law stuff nor have I done any research. I'm just channeling my inner Ncis and Csi Miami binge half. Don't quote me on anything.

Wolfie smiled at Danny who was fretting about, patting his suit down and muttering under his breath. "Baby, the suit is fine. Everything is going to be okay," he comforted, grabbing hold of Danny's hand so that he could pull the Omega closer, wrapping his arm around his hip even with his distended tummy between them.

Danny looked into his eyes, his own reflecting his worry back at Wolfie. "But..." He turned to the side so that he could rest his face against the Alpha's chest. "This case is gonna be the biggest one of your car-" he broke off as Wolfie began chuckling. He looked up at the Alpha, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"This is not and will never be the biggest case of my career," he chuckled and combed a hand through the Omega's hair. "Yeah, I do admit that it's gonna be swarmed by reporters but it certainly isn't any career defining one. The most that I lose is money and that's no big issue for me because it's just money. My parents on the otherhand have more to lose than gain. They filed a lawsuit against their own son because of greed and is actively trying to get me admitted to a mental facility because of money. Babe, I'm not worried but I sure as hell am not going down without a fight." He leaned down and placed a kiss on the Omega's lips. "I get that you're worried but please don't. Believe that I would never ever leave you and no matter what, the only thing I'll probably lose is money today, not my freedom. I want you to stay home and relax. Going to this trial would probably raise your pressure and I want your pregnancy to last full term for the sake of our pup and your health."

At the mention of him missing the trial, Danny huffed and slanted his eyes at him.

"Yeah... I know it's not fair but it's what's best for you and you know that." He sighed as his phone beeped and he didn't bother checking it. "That is my signal that it's time to leave so with that said, I love you and try not to worry..." Danny quirked an eyebrow at him and he huffed out a laugh. "... much."

He hummed and allowed Wolfie to kiss him before he pulled away with a sigh of regret. "I'll see you later with hopefully good news. But if not, get the ice cream ready and let's binge watch every episode of Brookyln99."

Danny could help but laugh, resting his forehead against Wolfie's suit-clad chest. "Sounds like a plan."

Nodding slightly, he wrapped Danny in his arms for a couple more seconds before pulling away. "I'd best leave now before I'm late. Now I'm not sure, but you should be able to watch the court proceedings on the telly."

"Okay then... Love you...and... and good luck."

Wolfie nodded and repeated the sentiments before before he began gathering his briefcase and everything else he needed. "Take care and try to relax."

Danny only nodded, watching as he left the house, closing the door behind him with a low 'click.'

How the heck could he not worry?

His Alpha's freedom was on the line along with his finances because of his greedy parents and the entire ordeal was gonna be televised for all to see.

He was in two minds about watching it but decided against it. He wanted to learn the aftermath from Wolfie so in the meantime, he was gonna relax as much as he could.

He could go and search for a house to move to since Wolfie had suggested Kingston upon Thames as Jackson was living in that area and it was also close to his job.

So with a sigh of defeat, he went to get the extra laptop from their bedroom. He would try his hardest not to focus on Wolfie's trial because he had the most important task of carrying their pup to term and with one more month left, he didn't want to go into early labour.