Home Again!

A month passed after they got back home and Danny was in a happy mood despite the ever present cloud of despair hovering over Wolfie.

It seemed like the case was more difficult than he anticipated and now, Danny was lucky if they got ten minutes to themselves before the Alpha was off working again.

Not to say that he didn't understand the severity, but still. He just wanted to be able to relax with his husband for an entire day but it didn't look like that was going to happen anytime soon.

What made it worse was that Wolfie had enlisted the help of Jackson so Arlo would tag along and pretty much dump his children on Danny to have a few minutes to himself.

Ugh... He couldn't complain much because it was practice for when his little one was born.

There was only four months left after all.

Plus, Declan and Skylar were Angels... When they weren't chewing on their furniture legs or trying to scratch their curtains, that is.

But other than that, Danny loved watching the little furballs.

At this moment, Arlo was in the guest room getting some well deserved rest while Danny was looking after the twins.

He was scratching their tummies, smiling at the little growls escaping Declan while Skylar wiggled side to side.

He felt sympathetic that she was mute but that honestly wasn't all that bad compared to how dangerous it would be if she were blind or deaf.

Sure, being mute was also dangerous since she couldn't call for help but he was sure she could get some sort of distress button to help herself in case.

She was healthy so what more could anyone want?

He smiled at her, watching as she looked directly at his face and began growling lowly.

"Oh, are you threatening me, sweetie?" he leaned over and ran his nose through her fur earning a low yelp.

He couldn't help but smile when Declan's growling became louder. "Okay, okay. Calm down, little one," he soothed, turning his head to repeat the same motion with him.

"Well, you seem to be getting along splendid... As usual."

He turned at the sound of the voice to see Arlo leaning against the wall, rubbing at his eyes with his hair in a disarray.

"Hmm. Yeah, I think they like me." He heard whimpering from both pups and he turned to look back at them. "Aww, you guys still wanna play?"

He continued scratching their tummies, delighting in their little growls.

"So... Do you know what you're having?"

Danny looked back at the Beta and shrugged. "Not yet, probably next month or April."

Arlo nodded and came closer, sitting down on the couch. "Okay. So, what are you hoping for?"

"A healthy pup," he replied easily. "Gender doesn't matter. As long as they're healthy, I'm happy because I'm still gonna love them the same."

The Beta silently agreed and there was a contemplative look on his face. "And if they have disabilities?"

Danny looked at him with eyebrows raised. "It doesn't matter, Arlo. Can you imagine carrying a child in your tummy for months, creating a bond with them and then giving them up because they have a disability? I don't give a shit if they have a disability because at the end of the day, they're mine. My child, a piece of me. How could I ever abandon that?"

He turned to properly look at Arlo, picking up Declan and Skylar in the process. "Look at Sylar. Just because she can't speak doesn't make her less than she is. She is perfect just the way she is and anyone would be lucky to have her as their pup because she is as healthy as can be."