Flashback

Emily's beach house

Four weeks later

"I still can't believe that Mom really agreed on a second wedding for you and Daniel," Charlotte said, skimming through the book for baby names before her.

"Yes, it's like a miracle." Ironically, Emily rolled her eyes then opened the wardrobe. She briefly inspected the content, then threw some clothes on the bed.

Frowning, Charlotte watched her for a while, then got back to her book. "Okay, then let's continue with 'T'," she said, and began to read. "Taurus, Terrance, Theodore, Thomas, Timothy, Travis, Tristan ..."

"Stop!" Emily groaned. "Do you think any name fits to" Conrad "?"

"Maybe Theodore?" Charlotte suggested timidly.

"No." Emily tore another piece of clothing off the hook and threw it furiously on the bed. "It's too old fashioned!" She rolled her eyes. "All these names are as good as the clothes in this wardrobe!"

Charlotte jumped quickly from the bed when she saw Emily burst into tears. "Hey! It's all right." She put her arms around her sister-in-law. "We're buying a new dress."

Emily sank to the bed weakly. "I'm convinced that Victoria did this on purpose."

"What do you mean?" Charlotte asked, frowning.

"To wait such a long time until I became too fat to fit into a wedding dress!" Emily said, frustrated. "She doesn't do anything without ulterior motives!"

Charlotte nodded, smiling. "Yes, you're probably right. But that doesn't matter. It is your day, yours and Daniel's. And even if you are already married, it will be a very special event for both of you."

"You mean, because I can't remember the first wedding?"

Charlotte nodded. "Exactly. Oh, wait ..." She reached into her handbag and took out a piece of paper. "I have kept the note, with your vow at that time."

"Show me!" Curiously, Emily took the note from her hand and began to read.

"Daniel, ... I've looked forward to this day since I was a little girl. Thank you for letting me into your life, into your family. Through you, I have become the woman that I've always wanted to be. The woman that I needed to be. From the moment I met you, I knew that this moment was in our destiny. We share a bond that is unbreakable, until death parts us."

Like a flash, images suddenly flickered through her mind: Hands reaching for her and carrying her off; prison bars, that closed before her; A box with the symbol of her tattoo; Herself as she spilled Daniel a drink over his jacket, and a bloody hand that slipped out of hers, while the lifeless body sank into the sea ... The memory of it was so strong that she gasped in horror.

"Emily, what is it?" Charlotte looked at her worried.

"I ... I can remember ..." she stammered, while she was sitting on the bed as if paralyzed, unable to move.

"What?" Charlotte panted alarmed. "Emily, what can you remember?" She shook her slightly, then jumped up quickly from the bed when she didn't get any response.

Emily was still in a stock-still state when Charlotte came back with Daniel.

He quickly sat down on the bed and took her hand. "Emily?" He began softly. When he didn't get any response either he looked at his sister sharply. "What happened? What did you tell her?"

Charlotte took the note with the vow and held it to him. "She read this. You know...," she explained. "...her vow from the wedding. And then, she suddenly said she can remember."

He looked at her anxiously. "You mean, she can remember that I...?" He paused as he saw Charlotte shaking her head.

"I don't know. But she doesn't respond to my questions."

He gently caressed Emily's cheek. "She's in shock!" He said, after she still remained motionless. "You stay with her! I'll call the doctor and let Mom and Dad know."

Charlotte carefully put her arm around her after Daniel had left. She wondered what she had remembered that had given her a shock. Could it be that she could remember how Daniel had shot her? She took the note with the vow and crumpled it. It was the name Emily suddenly murmured, that made her hold her breath.

"Daniel..."