Not to mention, he's the reason I was freaking out yesterday. Why? It's a damn long story. I'll get back to you on this later.

"You're late by 20 minutes, Mr. Harrison," Mrs. Hartley states while looking at her Rolex watch.

"Yea... my parents were out till late at night yesterday so I was taking care of my sister and due to that I was kinda overslept today?"

Liar but Mrs. Hartley seems to be convinced by his lies.

"And I'm so sorry about that. It won't happen again Mrs. Hartley," Shawn pleading to her with his puppy eyes.

"This is your first and final warning. Please make sure that you won't be late for my class next time. I won't accept any more excuses after today. Go take your seat now," she says and continues with her briefing.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hartley!" Shawn says and with that, he walks into the classroom and takes his place at the back with his friends. 

"Shawn Harrison never failed to make me notice him," I mutter silently under my breath and continue listening to the briefing. Somehow, I knew Katie would have heard that.

"You. Are. Unbelievable," Katie whispers to me while shaking her head in disbelief. See I told you so.

"You said you're going face the situation and try to move on from whatever thing that you have in your mind or heart but what you did just now totally makes me lose hope on you, Kat," she says with a serious tone and I do not even dare to look at her face right now.

I didn't respond to her because I know that she's right. I am unbelievable.

Unbelievable when it comes to Shawn Harrison. Trust me when I say that my brain and my heart would be chanting his name even if a giant asteroid were about to crash the earth.

Stupid Shawn.

I've managed to avoid Katie as I stay silent for the rest of the period until Mrs. Hartley dismisses us.

As soon as the class was dismissed, I immediately gather my stuff and make my way to my locker. Katie is not taking Chemistry which is my next class so I'm all alone to face Shawn again. Blame my fate because Shawn and I were happened to share the same classes this semester except for PE.

I reach my locker and shove away the Biology book. I take a look at my watch and it's still early for about 30 minutes. So, I'm thinking of whether I should go to the class now or just wait here at my locker. Finally, after battling in my mind, I've decided to go for the first option.

Gosh, I hope that no one is in the classroom. I truly needed some alone time to clear my mind though.

As expected, the classroom is empty and peaceful. I take a seat in the middle of the classroom. Yes, I'm a nerd but I hate Chemi so middle seat it is for me.

"Damn it, Shawn. Why do you must have this much impact on my life?" I groan within myself as I bury my face in my hands. That hurtful past with Shawn started to hunt my mind and I could feel tears running down my cheeks. 

"Just stop crying over that bastard, Kat. You need to move on from him." I sniff and made a mental note for myself not to cry over Shawn again.

Time passes so fast and I didn't realize that I have been crying more longer than usual until the bell rings indicating the class is going to start in another five minutes and some of the students already entering the classroom. 

I bet my face might probably look puffy right now with crying. Since I don't have enough time to go to the toilet, there is only one way to fix my face now. I dig through my bag hoping to find a facial tissue but seems like Goddess of Misfortune loves me so much that I can't find one.

Great. My luck is extremely bad that if I have to play egg roulette even with a large group of people, I will get the raw one against all odds.

"Hey, Kat," It's Macy, one of the school toppers along with me. We always have healthy competition in the school ranking.

"Macy, hey," I reply trying not to let my voice shows the lump in my throat.

She notices my face carefully, "Are you alright? Your eyes, they're looking blotchy redlike. Have you been crying for so long?"

Shit. Is it too obvious that I've been crying?

"N-No. They're just watery because I didn't get enough sleep last night," I say trying to cover up a little.

"Oh I see," she says and adds, "Life is busy and complicated but it's important to take care of your health, Kat."

I nod and give her a small smile appreciating her kind words. This is what healthy competition means by. Despite our continued competition in studies, we remain friendly with each other.

Macy returns a smile and takes her seat in front of me. She reaches into her bag, pulling out a slim pack of facial tissue and offers it to me, "Here you go. You might want to use this." 

I sigh letting out a small chuckle and reach for the tissue from her, "Thank you, Macy. I do need this though." 

I wipe away the tears off my cheeks with those tissues offered by Macy. It's a wet tissue made with Aloe Vera extract. The fragrance smells heavenly and it really helps my face to feel fresh and awake.

After returning Macy those tissues she borrowed me, I thanked her and I take out my iPod from my bag along with the AirPods.

I set the iPod to play that one song which will eventually make me forget about the world.

I put the AirPod in my ears and with that, I close my eyes, trying to relax my mind before the class starts. It's blasting with Lady Gaga's Poker Face. 

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face
(She's got me like nobody)
Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face
(She is gonna let nobody)
P p p poker face, p p p poker face
(Muh muh muh muh)
P p p poker face, p p poker face
(Muh muh muh muh)

I always liked the song Poker face. It makes me feel energetic whenever I'm feeling down.

I was so entranced by the song that I didn't notice that someone is sitting beside me till he or she pulls out the AirPods from my right ear. Who the hell could it be now?

Hi Guys! If you like HEM (His Eternal Muse) so far, don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE! Your feedbacks are the only thing that motivates me to write more ☺

Also, I'm working with the cast list and I would love to hear some suggestions from you guys on who should play Shawn. So keep flooding the comment sections with your ideas! Keep supporting! ✌❤

New updates every Friday!