Ice Is Nice

I walked up the steps of the bounty, my hood pulled far over my head. It had been a few days since Lloyd was.... compromised. I was calmer than I had been but the ninja were back to being wary around me after they saw what I did to the training dummies. Let's just say...there was nothing left, literally.

   "The guy just broke his own record! He's inhuman!!" Jay shouted and I stepped up to the railing.

   "What's going on?" I ask and look around.

   "Zane is under the water trying to beat his record of holding his breath." Jay shouts again and I wince at the volume.

   "And did he?" I lean over the railing carefully and peer down through the water, fainting making out the line of Zane now swimming up.

   He surfaces and they all laugh. Jay starts bowing and saying "we're not worthy". I roll my eyes and help Zane over the edge, taking note of the unusual coldness of his hand. And it wasn't from the elemental powers.

   "Interesting." I murmur and turn around back to the ninja.

   "I broke the record?" Zane asks eagerly.

   "You destroyed it!" Kai replies, impressed. I look at the time and smile.

   "Congratulations Zane! One step closer to your true potential." I say and lay my hand on his shoulder, he smiles in thanks.

   "Okay okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we could get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished..." Jay says and we all think about what has happened. Kai ran across a bunch of burning hot coals, Jay balanced on top of a lightning rod on top of a skyscraper in the middle of a storm, Cole lifted a bunch of weight plus Jay and Nya holding food and me standing on it too.

   "Perhaps we have reached our full potential?" Zane says and I laugh slightly. They are far from full potential, I myself have..... obstacles. They will not be gone for a good long while though so I must make do with what my power still holds.

   I follow the ninja towards Wu's room and we walk in, the ninja boasting about how many push ups they do in the morning. I just smirk and stand there leaning against the wall. Boys.

   "Sensei what does true potential look like if-" Cole stops after seeing Wu is busy and they all bow. I simply kneel down next to him and help him pack up his things.

   "Our apologies, Sensei. We've interrupted you." Zane speaks and I give Wu the katana, looking at him knowingly. Wu sighs at me and begins to speak;

   "I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing. What can I help you with?" He lays a hand on my shoulder turning us around after noticing I winced at Lloyd.

   "Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our true potential? What if we're ready?" Cole questions and I smile under my hood. Something that doesn't go unnoticed by a ninja.

   "Why are you smiling?" Jay asks and I wave my hand to Wu who continues;

  "Heh. You might have reached peak physical condition,but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and every one of us there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your true potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer. Lila.... Lila knows this better than anyone." The ninja look to me and I just shake my head.

   "That, Wu, is not a story for now. Down the road yes, now? No." I bow my head.

   "There's more to the Great Devourer then either of you have led on, isn't there Sensei. And Lila. I did not miss you leave purposely when the name was mentioned at dinner." Zane notes carefully, laying a hand on Wu's shoulder. I sigh in pain and close my eyes, the memories flashing before the closed lids as Sensei tells the tale.