Chapter 37

I swallowed hard but scooted up and laid down as well.

"I had to go to the council with the juvenile case from that party." He said quietly. "That's why I was gone so long. Two different council meetings and I had to cancel my third."

I raised my hands to ask why but remembered the lights were off. I dropped my hands back to my stomach.

"I did get to find out where the drugs are coming from. Apparently other packs are having trouble with them as well. There were three other cases of sexual assault being evaluated, involving that same drug, just while I was there for my meetings." He sighed. "Both you and Cassy had that in your systems. I don't understand how none of the older wolves could smell it. Aaron and I had no trouble... Am I neglecting their training or are they just so oblivious to their fellow wolves that they didn't care?"

I shook my head slowly. It was a welcome, but surprising, turn in conversation.

'In my pack I would hold regular teen meetings to make sure everyone was properly informed on-' I stopped signing as I realized he couldn't see me because the light was off.

"On preventing getting drugged at a party?" He asked.

I turned slightly to gape at him.

"Wolves can see in the dark." He laughed a little.

'Not in human form' I signed. I didn't know anyone that could use night vision in human form.

"Hmm." He said ignoring my skepticism. "What did you hold these meetings for?"

'Anything that came up needing to be addressed. We did one on handling silver wounds, on stds, and on disarming humans with out killing them.' I signed.

"Wolfsbane had problems with humans?" He asked curiously.

'For a moment. A couple humans entered the territory and tried to shoot a pack member. They ended up dead and the council threatened to reevaluate the pack structure if anymore humans died in pack territory like that.' I signed.

"I'm sure a reevaluation is long overdue there." He said.

'Because of the mating laws?' I asked.

"Sure, but mostly because Alpha Daniels is completely incompetent. Even his beta couldn't handle dealing with him. And with what happened to you... If something like that happened in my territory there would be serious consequences." He said.

I held my breath as I listened to him talk about my previous Alpha and Beta. It made me feel sick to even think about them but even more so to know that Silas knew them. My hands shook as I tried to ask my next question.

'Did you tell them?'

"No. I only meant that I doubt he would do anything if I did." Silas said carefully. I dropped my hands back to my stomach and let out a shaky breath of relief. I closed my eyes and felt the familiar burn of tears again. I was such a mess.

"I didn't mean to scare you Leannan." Silas said quietly. His fingers brushed the side of my cheek as he tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. I nodded but the tender gesture only seemed to make the tears leak out. He blew out a breath and scooted closer. Before I could open my eyes to see what he was doing he pulled me into his arms. 

The sudden warmth in combination with the earth forest scent overwhelmed my senses. It was comfortable and more than anything it felt surprisingly safe. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            I stared at the syrup dripping off my small bite of pancake. It was still weird to be eating regular food again. The pancakes were delicious but I was stuck over the strange dream I'd had last night. I set the fork down and looked up at Emily.

'Can I talk to you about something?' I asked. Emily paused mid bite and lowered her fork.

"Of course. You can talk to me about anything." She said.

'I had a weird dream last night and I don't know what to make of it.' I signed.

"Ok..." Emily said. "What was the dream about?"

My face heated quickly turning a bright shade of red as I tried to think of how to explain it. Maybe this was a terrible idea.

"Ohhhh..." Emily laughed. "A sexy dream?"

I shrugged. It wasn't quite that intense but it was kind of a sexy dream. 

"Details! Details!" Emily said pushing her plate to the side.

'It was weird because it was before.' I signed 'I still had my wolf and I didn't have all these scars and fears...'

Emily nodded for me to continue. She seemed like genuinely understood.

'It started out as this training thing. We were fighting but not really fighting. He was faster than me which was pretty rare when I had my wolf and he pinned me...'

"And kissed you?" Emily asked with a knowing smirk.

I nodded.

"How was it?" She asked.

'Pretty good... It started escalating but I woke up before it went anywhere.'

"But you were into it? Not afraid or anything?" She asked.

I nodded.

"That sounds like a huge step up from the last one where Thomas turned into- you know..." Emily said.

'But that's the weird thing. It wasn't Thomas...' I signed nervously.

"Whaaaat...?" Emily said surprised. "Who was it?"

I twisted at my hair nervously and shook my head. I had hoped to talk about it without having to address who. 

"You don't know or you don't want to say?" Emily asked suspiciously.

I rubbed my forehead in hopes of hiding my second round of blushing.

"Tell me!" Emily laughed. "You know you can trust me and I want to know who's the epic dream kisser."

'It wasn't... I don't think it means anything.' I signed quickly. I could tell she was already reading into this way more than I wanted her too. 

'It was probably just because of his bed. His smell.' I added nervously.

"Who's bed? When were you in a guys bed?!" Emily asked shocked.

I covered my face and shook my head. I was making it worse. I was regretting telling her any of this. I hadn't thought this through enough.

"You have to tell me!" Emily said.

"Tell you what?" Silas asked as he walked into the kitchen.

I gulped hard and held my breath as I waited for Emily to tell on me. I had suddenly lost all confidence that Emily would keep the conversation between us. 

Silencedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें