Don't Mess with Him

A/N: This makes references to my other story "Peter Parker vs. Spider-Man". It can be read with or without it though.

With Peter Parker and Spider-Man becoming more and more popular in the media (their feud still going strong and the fans even started forming teams), the Avengers thought it would be a good idea to start trying to detour criminals from trying to kidnap either of them to get at the team. As proven over and over again, it wasn't a good idea to mess with the 'boys'... It would end badly for anyone who even thought about it.

Since Loki and Peter spent the most time together outside of the compound, it was Loki that most criminals aimed to hurt when taking Peter (though there were many times Peter was also used to lure out Stark. It really depended on which news media the criminals watched). Unfortunately for them, Loki and the others would stop them before Peter was even taken.

"Don't mess with him," Loki would always say as they loaded the criminals into the police vans. Everyone assumed that he meant he would hurt anyone that hurt Peter, which caused a lot of teasing aimed at the two.

But Loki had another meaning to his words...

"That was hilarious!" Peter laughed as the two walked out of the theater, tossing his empty popcorn bowl in the trash.

"It had its moments..." Loki smirked as he tossed his empty Starbucks cup as well, chuckling as an awaiting staff member raised an eyebrow at the large cup and wondering how Loki had been able to smuggle it in.

Peter found amusement in the employee's bewilderment as well. These people should know by now that it was useless to question Loki, especially when it came to smuggling food in theaters. Never again would Peter have to pay for over priced drinks or candies... though he would definitely buy the popcorn every time.

"I loved how all his classmates showed up at the expo one by one and thought he was slacking off with the cute girl."

"But the villain was a bit strange," Loki hummed. "Who ever thought of an enhanced controlling metals?"

"I'm an enhanced that can stick to anything while also having super strength and heightened senses, nothing surprises me anymore."

"I agree,  you are far stranger than the villain of the movie." Loki chuckled as he sent Peter a teasing smirk, the boy returning a playful glare back.

Peter rolled his eyes as he looked up and down the street, stretching slightly.  He didn't know why, but he was getting the feeling of being watched. The back of his neck had a prickly feeling that -try as he might- he couldn't ignore. But he didn't see anyone staring at him... Of course, it could always be one of his fans. After starting a feud with himself in the press, Peter had become very noticeable as a source for entertainment. 

But this didn't feel like the happy gaze from a fan...

"Is something wrong?"  Loki asked, raising a brow at the suspicious way Peter was acting. He knew the signs of when Peter felt something - after all they had been through now, of course he did. But he also knew the signs of Peter ignoring that strange sixth sense of his and most likely getting himself into more trouble.

"It's probably nothing, let's just keep going."

Loki hated always being right at times. He didn't push the issue, but kept his guard up in case there was a sudden need to move. With all the enhanced criminals that they were facing, Loki knew better than to relax when Peter got one of those feelings.

The day progress as normal though and Peter soon forgot about whatever feeling he had before. Such a careless boy... No matter how many times Loki warned him to never ignore his spidey sense, Peter never learned.