Chapter 32

Dean POV:

Roman is giving lectures to me in the middle of the night without having any work. And I try to keep calm with Sethie's presence, not wanting to scare him away. However, as I try, I can't hold back the growl that's leaving my throat. I look down at my omega and pet its hair before throwing my head onto the couch's backrest. After a couple of seconds, he squirms away from my hold and goes upstairs to sleep.

Now listening to Roman's speech is enough! I try to end the conversation while taking everything in mind, but his other sentence stops me from doing so. I hum and continue listening to his words while mingling with reality. There is really something to be said about being so completely secure in our feelings for someone.

"You can be patient with him, uce. As much as you do this, it'll bring your omega close to you." He remarks, making sure that I'm still listening to him. "You know, omegas go through things that none have experienced. The amount of stress they put under them from their growing up would be fatter than the fucking ocean. You and I can't take it even if we're dominant in the ring."

"I can understand, Ro, but you know I'm not good with being patient," I answer instead, choosing to go for the bratty route as my self-defense mechanism kick in, but he has made his point, and there is nothing more that needs to be said.

"Yeah, well, thankfully, that is your problem to deal with, not mine. I've told you everything that you need to know. Now it's your turn whether to listen or not." He says and hangs up the phone. His words keep repeating in my mind as I throw the phone away and think about it. There's too much in my head that I have to clear away. What should I do now?

I sigh and am about to get up when I hear my phone beep again. While keeping mindful of my thoughts, I rummage through the nooks and crannies of the couch until I finally manage to find the device. Flicking it open, I'm not surprised to see a text from Roman because I know he wants me to be okay. Never comment on it, and that is probably down to the fact. I reply with a short, simple message. "I'm okay."

That's all it is, no further explanation about what I'm okay with, whether it's his words or my trance of mind. But no matter, he will get it, not even bothering to reply because he knows me well. I let out a rueful smile as I put my phone away. Clasping my hands together, I glance up at the stairs leading to my room and take a deep breath.

I have to be patient with Sethie, no matter what. I get up from the couch and take my phone before going upstairs to my room. It's crucial, but I have to do it. I close the door behind me and lean against it before letting my sight fall on the bed. The sleeping Sethie stretches out with a blanket covered up to his waist. His warm brown eyes are closed, and he looks peaceful.

I walk over to him and brush a strand of hair from his forehead to make him stir a bit and settle again. It's mesmerizing. I still can't believe that he's become mine. Isn't it a dream that he's become mine? If not, then I would be a lucky one. Smiling to myself, I burrow under the blanket and roll onto his side to take in his beauty. It's incredible that he's mine. I can hardly believe he's already become mine.

I wrap my arm around him and brush my hand to rest on his chest to feel his pounding heart. That's right. Each beat is hammering with fear about how his life will be. Is it I earn from him because of unleashing my alpha? No answer. Having many questions like this in mind, I run my fingertips to the length of his neck slowly, then press them against his lips.

Hesitantly, I lean forward and peck a kiss on his lips before murmuring under my breath. "I'm sorry." My fingers go to his hair immediately and smooth it gently. Heaving a sigh, I resettle my head on the pillow and stare at the ceiling to think about our future. No matter how our admirable future is so far away, I will get closer and catch it each day. Developing good thoughts, I slowly drift into sleep and eagerly await the next day.

The following morning, I wake up and sit in the empty bed to stretch my arms, knowing that it is a good night of sleep because I have to stretch when I wake up. I slide off the bed and think about Sethie's absence until hearing the slight noises from the bathroom. I head toward it and crack the door open enough to see him standing in front of the mirror and combing his hair. It's an incredible view, so I admire it a little moment before approaching behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist.

Our blue and brown orbs are connected through the mirror and experience all the different colors of electricity. We try to think of a way to describe how it feels.. fucking exquisite is the only thing specified for this moment. The moment in which is young and lovely, but the time has filled with tension. Our hopes and desires are rising and floating around while our eyes speak to each other about love.

Silence settles in the bathroom for a long moment until he turns to look at me and gets an open-mouthed kiss in response. He, by now, is breathing heavily, surprise-tingeing every exhale. But to me, he never looks more gorgeous as he does now, with his cheeks a little pink and his hair an appealing unruly mess framing his face. "Good morning," I try to cheer him up, hoping he's used to this soon.

"Morning," He smiles forcibly, showing the brief gap between his front teeth that I think is quite adorable. He then turns his head away and picks up the hairbrush to continue combing his hair. Not an immense surprise.

I wrap my arms around his middle and rest my chin on his shoulder, taking in his scent. It's intoxicating. I can never get enough of it. And I don't know what I'll do without it. I don't. "So, what do you want to do today? You wanna go out somewhere?" I ask, tilting my head up to watch his expression. And I'm sure he can feel my breath on his ear now.

He laughs at my question, and I don't get why, though. He looks at me through the mirror with indifferent eyes to convey his comment. "I don't go out. I'd never gone out regularly, not since when I was presented as an omega. I still feel uncomfortable wandering around some places if my parents are not with me. The only places I bother wandering around are the arena and home."

"Aww, come on, you can now wander around anywhere with me. There's no need to get uncomfortable. You mean me only; I mean us only. In your life, I'm more supreme than others and.. your parents!" I say, burying my face in his neck and pressing my lips against it. For a moment, he flinches but doesn't move away.

He seems to think about it, worrying his lip between his teeth. Disappointment floods his body, but he forces a nod of understanding. "O-Okay. I.." He can't finish his sentence. Not without swallowing the lump in the back of his throat. "I can understand." For now, he's still a little uncertain about the whole thing. Even if he doesn't spill out, I can guess it.