Chapter 9

Dean POV:

I get no idea how much time has passed and don't particularly care as we head to Tampa for SmackDown taping. It's all because Roman is the only one who's offering to drive there since Finn and I are suffering from hangovers. I sit in the passenger seat while Finn is leaning against Bayley in the backseat. Giving them company, Sasha joins and chats about her match with Charlotte in the upcoming PPV.

Even though her sound covers the small space, I don't get mad. Because her voice has the ability to occupy the car only, not my mind. My mind is wondering about Sethie and his beauty since I stay in my dreamland. A smile curls on my lips whenever I dream of getting near him and giving flirty eyes. It's going smoothly until a rough voice echoes in my mind for enough to startle me.

"Get your feet off my dashboard," It's the first thing that the Samoan says to me when he gets back into the driver's seat. He doesn't even put his seatbelt on, just looking at me pointedly for like a thousand years until I grumble and drop my feet down.

"You know," I say, taking the plastic bag that he shoves at me while he fastens his seatbelt finally. "You could be a little nicer to me. It's all your fault that I have woken up at fucking ass o'clock and be in still hangover now."

"It was not my fault that you and Finn finished all those beers and got wasted." He groans. He still doesn't start the car, though, looking at me with mild irritation before glancing at Finn, who's closing his eyes and pretending to sleep.

"What?" I ask as I fish into the bag now in my lap when his gaze settles into me again."Put your seatbelt back on?" He prompts. "I didn't even know why you took it off. I was in there for like a minute and a half."

"Couldn't get my feet on the dash with my seatbelt fastened," I respond. I deliberately talk with a mouthful of hash brown to see the disgust on his face. "I'll do a lot more than inconvenience myself to annoy you," I point out and wipe my greasy fingers on my jeans while he pulls out of the speedway parking lot.

He rolls his eyes and reaches into one of the cup holders to retrieve a frankly outrageous cup of coffee bigger than my entire head, I guess. It's iced, too, instead of hot, even though it's slightly chilly outside. I'm annoyed by that and don't know why, which is almost more annoying.

Not wanting to disturb anyone, I lean my head on the window and look outside. My mind goes back to my omega and adores how lovely he is. I've no respect for the McMahons before, but now I like them. It's all because they have presented such a beautiful creature to me. My dream brings pleasure to my body at one moment and makes me do a small dance that I'm not aware of. Again I get distracted. But this time, it's by the Samoan's omega Sasha Banks!

"Someone seems to be feeling better." She remarks softly and brings me back to reality.

"Yeah, I guess so," I snarl, running my fingers through my hair and making it messier. "But not anymore!" As expected, my response shut her up immediately, whose jaw closed tightly so fast.

She stares at me perplexedly before glancing at her husband in confusion. Her eyes shift to me and give me a questioning look. "What?"

I groan, "You really gonna make me repeat it? Do you guys like torturing me?"

"Nah, I just figured you were in a good mood." She lays a hand on my shoulder and squeezes it gently. "And for the record, it was rare. We were just concerned about you. We never intended to be your parents or made you feel as if we were."

"Yeah, guys, sorry for overreacting," I mumble and grin at them, trying to lighten the mood. "I was daydreaming about my life with Sethie and getting too involved in it."

"Daydreaming?" Bayley chuckles, shaking her head.

"Yeah. Daydreaming!" I smile, leaning my head against the headrest and recalling the dream once into reality. "Actually, it was perfect. Sethie and I had mated at the ring. And he was four months pregnant with my child. You knew how the moment would be.." My gaze turns toward them and gets no surprise by their weird looks because I have expected it, anyway. "What? I could do nothing other than daydreaming now. Hmm... I planned to claim him but still not decided where to. Do you know whether he arrives in Tampa?"

Roman can't help, almost hits a hard swerve, and hears the loud cursing from the backseat as our friends jostle around on the seat. He just forgot what he was doing. "Sorry, guys." He doesn't even suggest taking care of them instead, turning toward me with skeptical eyes. "Do you plan anything, Dean?" His eyes observe my reaction and make sure that it misses nothing.

"Nope." I shake my head and try to assure him, but he doesn't seem to believe any of it. I don't know how to reassure him, so I open and close my mouth a few times but resign myself not to talk further. I lean my head against the headrest and close my eyes, trying to drift off.

It takes so much time to arrive in Tampa, so we arrive at the arena directly instead of having a peek at the hotel. A sudden vibe jolts me awake and makes my alpha alive. The tension in the air seems to have been forgotten entirely as we all head out of the car.

As I step my foot out, my eyes wander around until it settles firmly on Sethie, who's standing with his father. I can't help but think that he's pretty innocent and cute. My eyes drift away from his and all the way down to his lips, which causes him to squirm in his father's hold. My stomach flutters pleasantly when I'm watching it. God, it's beautiful, what I've done to him. Blue orbs move over his shoulders, down his arms, and come to rest on his hands. When do those soft hands hold mine?

Seth POV:

By the time we have made it to the arena, it's past fifteen minutes when we want to be here. We have no perfect timing, actually. I linger outside with my dad and lean against him while watching my mom, who's casually leaning against the door of a car that I assume is the blonde woman's own she's chatting with now.

Rolling my eyes, I glance up at my dad and beg him to get inside. It's all because my legs are hurting. Earlier today, I got slipped from the stairs in my house. Not a severe injury to worry about it. I'm just hurt, that's it. I shift my balance from one leg to another while holding his arm gently.

When I feel someone's gaze bore holes through me, I turn my head and find the same blue-eyed man who has hit on me that day staring at me. Our eyes connect with each other and emit a spark of some sort. I look up at him and catch his eyes drifting away from mine and all the way down to my lips.

I squirm slightly because it's what I have called predatory except for the complete lack of humor. It is something else. Something else entirely. I don't understand what it is, but I'm not up for any mind games.

He smirks and mouths something that I can't get clear, so he repeats. "I'll claim you!" He resumes what he's been doing, forcing his trembling fingers to cooperate and keeping a flirty eye on me.

My eyes widen when I understand it. I mutter under my breath and turn back immediately, squeezing my dad's hand and urging him to move on. I glance at my mom and think for a moment of waiting anymore until she has done with her conversation, but honestly, I don't feel like it. A couple of minutes later, she waves a hand at her and walks over to us. Feeling relieved, I nod at her and get inside the building with my mind full of anxious thoughts.