Chapter 10

Seth POV:

I lay on the couch in my dad's office and watch SmackDown on television with mild interest because my parents have a feud with some couple named Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey. I can watch it later; it's not like they're removing it from the WWE Network. But I wanna watch it now. Been dying to see my parents work together in the ring for a long time. 

My stomach grumbles in hunger and reminds me to eat something. I want, though, but I can't if there's no food with me. I sent my securities to the catering to bring something for me, but they didn't show yet. I want to look for them but... Sometimes I guess my love for wrestling borders on an unhealthy obsession. Rubbing my stomach lightly, I turn my gaze to the television again when I hear my dad's voice. 

 He appears on the screen with a microphone in one hand and a chair in the other. My mom is standing beside him for support and encouraging him. "Listen, you idiots, it's not safe to play with us." He growls, pointing at the couple across the ring. He smirks, then starts laughing his ass off. "What do you think about the authority, huh? Is it funny? Is it all a joke?!" He demands. "Never. Maybe the game has started by you, but it will end by us."

I sit up straighter on the couch, and my eyes plaster on the screen as they storm toward the ring, all disdain and raw rage as my dad swings the chair in the air. I bring my knees to my chest as I feel a familiar crawling on my stomach, indicating it needs food now. 

Fuck, it's ridiculous. Feeling irritated, I get up from the couch and switch off the television before leaving the room. I walk over to the catering in search of my securities and stand awkwardly just across it. I remember what my parents have taught me. I shouldn't get into anyone's eyes if they're not with me. I'm leaning close against a nearby wall and avoiding other superstars, noticing me while my eyes leer inside to get a better view of the catering. 

I jump instantly when I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. Terrifying of getting caught by some alpha, I turn around and see a man with brown eyes and has long black hair past his shoulders, looking at me. Who is he? It's not important now. By the looks, I'm sure he's an alpha. That's enough. I try to pass over him, but he grabs my arm and stops me in place. That's when I notice he has a tribal tattoo stretched almost halfway down his arm. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy there." The man says, trying to comfort me. "Why are you hiding here?" 

"N-Nothing. I just... Sorry," I mumble, staring holes into my shoes. "I-I want to go." I try to leave, but his hand still grips on my arm, not letting me go. It's making me a little uncomfortable. 

I look up, making eye contact with the stranger. We have corresponding looks of both concern and confusion plastering on our faces, and I can do nothing but avert my eyes in shame as if I'm a 5-year-old getting caught in the cookie jar.

"Jesus, you look like an unmated omega?!" He breaks the silence and crushes my breathing with a simple question. 

"Uh.." I stammer out a cough and look around helplessly. 

 "It's okay. You seem new! Don't wander around by yourself." He advises me. His voice is deep and heartwarming. It makes sense that he's protective. And he sounds a good alpha, so he doesn't try to hurt me. It's certainly appreciated. 

"I-I.. ugh, I've gotta go." I can feel his eyes burning into my back as I hurry off, hoping that there will actually be something at the end of the hallway, rather than just a dead-end or a supply closet. I'm not only lost my securities now but also myself. The frustrating feeling of familiar but not quite makes my head hurt, and I keep flinching whenever someone gets too close, uncertain of who's safe and who's not and not up for another confrontation.

Dean POV: 

As I'm heading back to my locker room, I spot a familiar figure standing by the concession stands. The omega is having a bag of popcorn and bottled water, handing the cashier a few bills. He then turns around, and our eyes meet. Surprise flashes across my face, and he seems like a deer caught in headlights because he stands there like an idiot. 

We continue staring at each other for another minute before he looks away and walks in the opposite direction. I begin to follow him, taking no more than a few steps before someone stops me. 

"Excuse me, Mr. Ambrose." I stop and look over my shoulder. One of the stage managers is handing me some papers. "These are your new lines for your promo tonight. We've kept most of it the same, but there are a few adjustments made here and there." I nod distractedly and grab the papers, trying to catch up to him. She stops me once more. "I also came to tell you that your new segment, the Ambrose Asylum, is being moved. We don't know whether it'll be later or earlier than planned, but I've been told to pass it on." 

"Yeah, uh, thanks," I tell her and chase after Sethie once more. I round the corner where the omega turns and meets an empty hallway. "Son of a-" I curse under my breath. Suddenly, I realized he wouldn't have gone anywhere because Triple H's office was on the other side. He should be hiding in one of the locker rooms.

I smirk and take a long walk in the hallway until I figure out in which room he has been hiding. In one swift motion, I pin him back first to a nearby wall and stare into his chocolate brown eyes that I love much. "I don't get it. You're not mated, but you're running around like you are someone's husband. Didn't daddy tell you not to go out with anyone by your side?" I look deep into his eyes and get lost in them until he squirms in my hold and tries to push me away.

"Ahh, let go of me!" He panics. He doesn't shout his words, though he doesn't want to make a scene out of this. "I won't hurt you, hot stuff. Just relax." I try to comfort him by taking a step forward and smiling at him, dimples on full display. "Are you the one whom I have met at the Masquerade party, right?" I ask, tilting his head up and glancing at his eyes. 

His eyes widen when he hears that because he hasn't expected any of this. He thought he only left his mask there, but including with it, he left his scent there. Blinking his eyes slightly, he struggles to try to break free from my tight grip. "Sorry, you must've mistaken me for someone else." 

"I knew that was you!" I growl, realizing the omega is shivering in my arms violently. I guess I'm scaring him. Trying to lower my voice, I stare at his eyes and twirl my fingers in his hair, playing with it. "Your pretty eyes and two-toned hair are the best evidence." 

He gulps, unable to come up with a convincing denial. "Let go of me!" Even though his voice fills with fear, it's like honey, soothing, and caused me to melt back against the hard wall. "Leave me." He's using his total force and trying to shove me away. 

I press my body forward, the relative hardness engraving to the soft lines of his physique. "If you keep struggling like this, I'm sure I'll claim you right here right now on the fucking floor." 

His breath catches in his throat, daring not to inhale or exhale loudly. He clamps his mouth shut and begs me with his eyes not to do anything stupid that I will never regret. It looks like the world is functioning for me. 

"That's better." I chuckle, burying my face in his neck and nuzzling his sweet scent. The omega smells with absolute fear, so I move away and glance at his beautiful eyes, trying to ease the tension between us. "By the way, I'm Dean Ambrose. I guess it must be my lucky day. Because I didn't expect to have you this close with me again." 

Instead of admiring my charm, he swallows hard and places his hand on my chest to keep a distance between us. "Please, leave me." He then looks around, trying to free some words into his mouth that are stuck in his throat. "I-I have to go back before my parents realize my absence in the room." He mumbles and gives me puppy eyes to plead with me. 

His cute pleading flutters in my heart, so I pull away and nod at him, letting him leave the locker room. He shouldn't get into any trouble because of me. Within a blink of an eye, there's no evidence of his presence in the complete hallway. A smile curls on my lips as I've indicated to it. An alpha's vital job is to protect and secure its omega from all threats. And I will never fail of it!