Chapter 5

Dean POV:

Ignoring the gold sunshine peeking through the curtains, I lay on the bed and beam at the ceiling with a mask in hand. My eyes haven't left a little away from the mask since last night because it's imagining a perfect face. There's something about that omega, and I'm sure about it. The mystery person has the capacity to make anyone feel there's nothing else worthy of him.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear someone pounding on my fucking door, and I don't know what the time is, which city I'm in, or which hotel for that matter.. because my mind is only filling with that omega. I need everything to stop. I'm going to punch the fucking lights out of whomever the fuck is disturbing me right now.

Groaning loudly, I put the mask on the bed and dash toward the door. I open it wide, ready to tell whoever's there to fuck off if they don't want a broken rib or two, which is probably a huge mistake. Because then I get jumped by Roman Reigns.

"You're supposed to come for a run with me. Why did you not get ready yet?" He asks, making his way inside, pushing past me. He peeks through the room casually before turning around so fast that his hair whip around his face. It's weird because I don't even notice his hair is down.

"I'm not in the mood, Ro." I blurt out, scratching the back of my neck. Truth be told, I'm only in the mood to dream about my omega now. So others can wait! Ruffling my hair nervously, I stare at him and put my hands on my hips, expecting him to leave the room because I don't have time to deal with this shit. I don't have time to deal with him.

As he hardly reaches for the door, something gets into my mind and brings sense into me. If I want to find my omega, I'll be there at the Masquerade party tonight. Placing my hand on Roman's shoulder, I turn him around and ask what's getting in the forefront of my mind. "When will the Masquerade party start tonight?"

He doesn't miss the innuendo hinting in my voice. His eyebrows pull together in confusion, not piecing together what I'm saying. When it hits him, he looks up at me, puzzled by my actions. "What aren't you telling me?"

My right hand comes up to slap my face before tapping lightly on it to ease the burn. "What are you talking about?"

"I don't know. I've just got the feeling that I'm missing something here. Are you hiding something from me?" His piercing brown eyes search mine for any flicker of emotion. All he can see through me is nervous, and I don't want him to figure it out without I refer it. As I try to break our eye contact, he chuckles and shakes his head disapprovingly. "Something is going on.."

Honestly, I want to throw something at his face for smiling at me. I try to glare at him and show him there is nothing, but it's not that easy to lie on his face, so I give up. Slouching down on the couch, I stare at the floor and let all my heart out. "I met someone at the party. I wished they could be my mate!"

"What?!" His eyes gleam in surprise before he drops himself beside me and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "It's really exceptional. Finally, you found your mate!" Excitedly, he squeezes my shoulders gently and presses a kiss on my messy hair. "Hmm.. just let me know about your omega."

I feel my heart thumping against my chest, brows frowning a bit as I ask, "How can I let you know if I don't know?" I can't keep looking at him. This conversation is becoming too serious and personal for my liking. I let out a sigh and palm my face before bringing my hands back to the front. "My omega wore a mask on their face when I approached it. I tried to see their face, but I missed it."

He senses the longing in my tone and actually gives me a sympathetic look this time. "Don't worry, dude. There's a big unmasking event tonight, so we'll find your omega there." He slides his fingers through my hair and strokes it gently, trying to comfort me.

A few minutes later, his phone rings and breaks the silence in the room. Excusing himself, he presses a kiss on my temple and gets up from the couch with his phone in hand. Maybe it's from his omega! Now I'm expecting that I have an omega like others to share my every moment with.

Groaning, I stand up and walk over to the bed where I have put the mask of mystery omega. I take the mask and stare at it, recalling the fearful chocolate brown eyes again. A sudden vibe urges through my body and makes my alpha alive, encouraging me to make the two-toned as mine.

I can sense that my alpha lost its control by getting distracted by an omega since last night. I don't know what is gonna happen at the party. And I don't care about anything other than claiming them when they get into my sight again.

Despite having more time for the party, I find I can't do anything now. My head is too full of thoughts and feelings and strange ideas that I can't shake no matter what I try. So I lay awake on my side and watch the clock tick away the time.

As the seconds pass with each click, time is the enemy that I loath it to be. Waiting for the time to occur is not easy to see, so I try to calm myself at a pace that will usually be dizzy, but I know it will be so slow, especially when waiting time to go.

Anyway, the time that I have waited for drawing in line finally. Taking a deep breath, I get off the bed and walk to the bathroom to take a shower. As soon as the hot water runs down my body, I start relaxing and almost get too comfortable for even soaping up my sweaty body. It will be nice to have someone here with me to do the job for me. Maybe the mystery omega!

Sighing loudly, I take a quick shower and leave the bathroom, not wanting to long the life of the meeting with my omega. Wrapping the towel around my waist, I wander around the room and put on fresh clothes that I consider the best. I then take the mask and smile at it before pressing a kiss on it. The room stops spinning, but the moment that consumes drives me crazy.

After an hour, my friends and I arrive at the party. Without caring about anyone or anything, I weasel my way through the performance center and search for my omega. My friends sound weirdly distanced when I look back at them, muttering loud enough for me to hear through the music and congratulate me for figuring it out.

Surprisingly, I evade the inevitable for two whole hours until my luck runs out. I guess the omega is not here. Hanging my head low, I walk over to the buffet table and lean my back against it. I hesitate for a split second before taking a shot and staring at the crowd.

Without really savoring the drink, I chug it and ignore the weird warm feeling of the alcohol and the carbonation of the soda. I feel mad, past anxious and upset about all the other people around me, and intent on finding my omega.